II. THE SAVIOR

* 

. * .    .  °  . ● ° . 
¸ .  ★ ° :. . • °  . * :. ☆

Anna could feel the burn and ache of her lungs as she turned to her side and heaved up large amounts of water from her system. Her blue eyes snapped open and she licked her chapped lips — the hot sunlight engulfing her before a figure peered over, blocking the violent rays of the sun and her vision focused.

The figure she noticed was a young man, illuminated by the sunlight. He was roguishly handsome and from what she gathered quite tall with soaking wet brown hair which framed his sun-kissed face — it was clear that he was her saviour. His dark brown eyes peered over with alarming curiosity. Then the handsome man spoke, in a slight but strange lilting accent, one she couldn't seem to place, "I fear you had quite the nasty brawl with a nasty mermaid, milady. They tend to be quite territorial within these parts."

Mermaid?! Anna repeated in her mind.

"Oh, that's nice," She had spoken, her voice mere whisper, pulling herself to a sitting position but oh how her throat ached! Her body felt like it was on fire and she coughed, more water out of her lungs and onto the wooden deck. It was then she noticed those surrounding her.

A circle of men — whom she guessed were the crewmen but there were also creatures whom she had a bit of knowledge about minotaurs and fawns and dwarves but then there was perhaps the most surprising creature a large mouse moving towards her, holding a cup in its grasp. The mouse held out the cup to her and spoke to her disbelief, "Perhaps, you'd like a cup of water milady after riddling all that water from your lungs."

Anna took the cup from the mouse, slightly baffled of how it was actually talking and took a sip of it before she spoke," Thank you, Sir." Anna turned to look from the cute little mouse but to all the crew, "Thank you all so very much for rescuing me but may I ask where I am?"

A bald-headed man dressed as a pirate without the hat with feathers who dripped with an aura of authority stepped forwards with a loud voice, "You're on the greatest ship in the Narian Navy, the Dawn Treader."

"N-Narnia?" Anna repeated under her breath, unfailing to hide her surprise as her eyes widened, "Unfortunately, I've never heard of such a place."

"That's a shame," Spoke her rescuer, a gentle dashing smile curling upon his lips, "Because you're in it."

Despite Anna being slightly frazzled by what she had experienced but she knew she was delighted by the thought of discovering a magical world full of marvellous creatures and a pirate ship, "How extraordinary! I've always wished for a grand adventure!"

Those around her chuckled but her rescuer merely smiled.

"What's your name milady?" The mouse spoke, taking a few steps towards her.