E I G H T

It is not an easy feat to forgo your sanity and instead listen to the instinctual organs in your body. Whether it was his gut or his heart, Harry was not sure, but what he was sure of was that he had completely gone mental and had forever parted with his mind. Watching his strawberry girl run into the darkness of the stormy night, he couldn't help but be completely overwhelmed, and at the same time so utterly relieved. He was for once going to just go with it. He didn't know where he was going or where he would end up, but he didn't care. All he wanted was to feel like Mia did, so utterly free and wild, so instinctively going towards wherever would bring her the most joy. He wanted that. But more importantly, he wanted to be right alongside her.

"Harry!"

"I'm coming!"

He runs towards her, a smile already appearing upon his face at the sight of her. And surprisingly, he never once questions the validity of his kinked lips.

"So." He says standing right before her.

"So?"

"Well, I'm assuming it'll be raining the entire evening."

"And?"

He furrows his brow, "Shouldn't we go somewhere indoors?"

"Do we have to?"

"Well..." He looks up at the already night sky, his face dampening with drops that were coming at a slightly quicker pace.

"Are you going to melt?"

He looks at her smugly, "No, but your cake isn't going to fare well."

She looks at the white box in her grasp, already covered in damp spots. She yelps and holds it tightly to her chest, "Indoors may be the best option."

"Yours or mine?"

"Yours."

Harry nods, walking forward and slightly in front her. He smirks to himself, hearing her red wellies squeaking as she walked upon the glistening pavement. There was just something so comforting, something so reassuring, in hearing someone walking in sync with him. Knowing that behind him there was someone that was going to the same destination he was. It was knowing that there was someone walking with him. It was just so very simple, Harry had been so lonely for so long, he hadn't even known how much he had missed something as simple as having someone to walk home with.

"Is Niall home?" She asks, obviously taking her time and not rushing to meet Harry's absurdly quick pace.

"Should be, he has work tomorrow."

"When has that ever stopped him?"

"Well, it's raining."

"Harry, when has anything ever stopped him."

"Well...I think there was that time he had the flu."

"No, I remember that. He still did open mic night, got about half of the pub sick. Owners had to shut down for a few days."

"So that's why he was home."

She laughs, "Well, maybe we'll get lucky and he actually will be home."

Harry nods, turning the corner and hearing Mia's boots squeaking with every step. He never thought the sound of red rubber boots would be the sound he associated with comfort, but then he never thought a girl like Mia would just happen to fall into his life.

"Oh, we're almost there." She says cheerily.

"You remember?"

"I have excellent photographic memory."