Chapter 12: Hearts and Hooves Day

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile at Carousel Boutique, Rarity was apparently sitting at her desk working on a dress for herself while her cat Opal was resting on a pillow right beside her.

Rarity: Can you picture it, Opalescence? Today is Hearts and Hooves Day as moi will be spending the day with the most handsomest, most brave, and daring stallion of all of Ponyville.

Opal doesn't say a word as she just looks at Rarity before laying back down on the pillow.

Rarity: It's a shame that I won't be able to spend any time with Sweetie Belle today, but no matter. I, Rarity, will show up at (Y/N)'s door, knock on it for him to come out seeing me where THIS!

Rarity finishes a dress that she had made for herself that was a rose-trimmed gold dress and she even put on a pink fancy looking hat on her head.

Rarity: When it comes to going on a fancy date with a stallion such as him, you have to do it with style. Don't you agree Opal?

Opal opens her eyes and looks at Rarity before letting out a quiet meow before stretching her legs out and positions herself to continue her nap.

Rarity then walks over to a mirror and takes a look at herself thoroughly before getting an idea.

Rarity: Hmm. . . perhaps I didn't add enough jewels to the hat. Oooh! (F/C) is (Y/N)'s favorite color, I believe he will be so delighted to find these assorts of colors on my ensemble that I made for today.

Rarity then levitates a bunch of (F/C) jewels to her hat that she was wearing and takes a look at herself once again.

Rarity: Do you think it's too much, darling?

Opal says nothing as she was still resting, but Rarity responds anyway to the sleeping cat.

Rarity: You're right. What do I have to worry about when it comes to (Y/N)? He'll be so entranced by the outfit that he'll be talking about it even after today.

Rarity then starts to imagine herself speaking to (Y/N) already by speaking to a bare mannequin nearby.

Rarity: Hello (Y/N).~ What? This old thing? I knew you'd love it, darling. It was made to impress you after all.

Opal watches Rarity's little pretend version of speaking to (Y/N) and gags as if trying to cough up a hairball.

Rarity: Here I go, about to see my romantic stallion for the day.

When Rarity goes back over to her desk to clean it up a bit before she left, she sees a list that she left out and was about to put it away before she takes a quick glance at it to see that it was her reminders about preparing for today and she gasps at seeing something on that list that she forgot.

Rarity: Oh, my Celestia! I have to make chocolate for (Y/N)!

Rarity then uses her magic to teleport the dress that she was wearing back to a mannequin and immediately goes to grab some saddlebags as Opal just watches her run back and forth.

Rarity: I forgot that I made an order over at Sugarcube Corner a few days ago, so I can make the chocolate that I want for (Y/N)! I better make this fast if I want to have a little romance with him!

Rarity then runs out of Carousel Boutique to run towards Sugarcube Corner so that she can pick up what she needed to make chocolate.

At Fluttershy's cottage, Fluttershy was humming a soft tune to herself while feeding some of the birds that were chirping to tell Fluttershy that they were indeed hungry.

She pours some bird feed to these birds as they immediately started munching on their meals.

Fluttershy: There's some good little birdies. All of your food should be laid out for the day.