Chapter 13: A Hoof in Time

It was the late afternoon in Ponyville as it started to get kind of windy outside and (Y/N) was just out walking around town minding his own business and whistling. However, that was interrupted when he heard some sounds of distress.

(Y/N): Huh? That sounds like. . . crying?

The said crying voices got louder and louder as they (Y/N) turns around to see two mares in tears and it was both Pinkie Pie and Rarity. They both were running towards him and (Y/N) was surprised to see them crying, as they both hug him.

(Y/N): Rarity. Pinkie. What's the matter?

Pinkie Pie: F-Fluttershy. S-She's the matter.

(Y/N): Huh? How so? Is she in trouble?

Rarity: B-Bigger than trouble. Fluttershy. . . she's become a. . . a. . .

Pinkie Pie: A bully!

(Y/N) went wide-eyed by this and stood back from the two mares very confused from that.

(Y/N): Fluttershy? How could she be a bully? She's the kindest girl that we both know.

Both Rarity and Pinkie Pie wipe their tears away as they both began to speak up normally.

Rarity: Well darling, Fluttershy was a first what you would call, a doormat.

(Y/N) nods his head to tell them that he's listening.

Pinkie Pie: We showed her our techniques on how to be more assertive towards ponies and it didn't turn out so well.

Rarity: We saw how disappointed she was at being a pushover and didn't know what else to do.

(Y/N): I see. So how did it end up in Fluttershy becoming a bully?

Pinkie Pie: She came back to us at Sugarcube Corner and we thought at first that she was just tired of being a doormat and finally started to be assertive. . . but we thought wrong.

(Y/N): What did she do at that time?

Rarity: We saw her giving this scathing grimace at a customer and she did indeed listen to her demanding attitude. And it had the effect on all of the other customers as well.

Pinkie Pie: And after that. . . that was when it started.

Rarity: After Pinkie gave a little laugh at a joke she made, Fluttershy knocked some punch over her and drenching her mane.

(Y/N) then put on a shocked look that Fluttershy of all ponies actually did that to one of her best friends.

(Y/N): Now that's not normal at all.

Rarity: We thought the same thing. So we decided to go and confront her about it at her cottage and well. . .

Both Pinkie and Rarity looked at each other with sad looks before facing (Y/N).

Pinkie Pie: Things turned out super duper bad!

Rarity: I concur with that term. She started to belittle us and even insult our well-beings.

(Y/N): What did she say?

Both Rarity and Pinkie Pie whispered some stuff in (Y/N)'s ears and after they were finished, (Y/N) was very surprised on how mean she was.

(Y/N): Okay, where and how did this all of this happen? We got to stop Fluttershy before she becomes a bigger bully than she is now.

Pinkie Pie: She told us that she got her assertiveness training from some kind of professional.