Chapter 12: Hearts and Hooves Day

Start from the beginning

Twilight then levitates a nearby book to her and Spike walks up beside her to take a look inside of it.

Twilight Sparkle: It's said here that on Hearts and Hooves Day, that ponies love to give different varieties of gifts to ponies of whom they care about the most. Right here, it says that mares who give chocolate to stallion will symbolize eternal happiness for both of them.

Spike: Sounds like a myth if you ask me.

Twilight Sparkle: Right here, it says that ponies who you just care about altogether you give a Hearts and Hooves Day card, and finally stallions give mares roses or flowers on Hearts and Hooves Day.

Spike: So wait, you're making chocolate for (Y/N) just because you like him that much?

Twilight Sparkle: Well, obviously.

Twilight then walks back to the chalkboard.

Twilight Sparkle: I'm just having trouble deciding on which kind I should make for him.

Twilight puts her hoof to her chin thinking hard on the situation until Spike spoke up.

Spike: Why not just get him all of the flavors in one box? I heard some stores have those kinds of chocolates.

Twilight Sparkle: True, but I'm not getting it from a cheap old store, Spike. This is something that "I" must make for (Y/N) to show how I feel about him.

Twilight stood with pride when she said that as Spike rolls his eyes. Twilight then get's excited on the next idea that she was thinking of.

Twilight Sparkle: And who knows! Something even better may happen! Maybe (Y/N) will take me out on a date! *gasps* Allow me to feed the chocolate to him! *gasps* Or maybe even both!

Spike: I normally never see you so excited about these kinds of things, Twilight.

Twilight Sparkle: Spike! This is like a dream come true to me. I have to make (Y/N) the best chocolate gift that I can so that way he'll know just how much I like him!

Spike stares at Twilight before just sighing and smiling at her.

Spike: Well. . . if this means that much to you, I guess I'll help you out.

Twilight Sparkle: Really?

Spike: Sure, I mean I've got nothing better to do.

Twilight then hugs Spike out of delight.

Twilight Sparkle: Thanks Spike, if there's one assistant that I can count on to help it's definitely you.

Spike: *chuckles* No problem, Twilight.

After they both broke the hug, Twilight went back to the chalkboard and started to draw on it some more which made Spike confused.

Spike: Twilight, don't you think it's appropriate that we get proper rest before we start on what you want to do for (Y/N) tomorrow.

Twilight doesn't face Spike and continues to write on the chalkboard with complete focus and Spike just facepalms.

Spike: I'll take that as a no. Oh well, I guess I'll be the one who will get some sleep. Good night, Twilight.

Twilight doesn't respond as Spike walks upstairs to back to bed and rest for the night.

As daytime came, Twilight eventually get too tired and fell asleep on the library floor and she wasn't able to get up until the late morning to start walking out in Ponyville, so that she can get some ingredients she needs in order to make the chocolate that she wants to give to (Y/N).