Chapter 11: Read It and Weep

Start from the beginning

Rainbow Dash: Huh, how long do I need to lie here? I've got things I need to do!

Doctor Horse: Well, that all depends on your recovery, but I'd say a few days minimum.

Rainbow Dash: You guys have gotta get me out of here! I'm gonna climb the walls!

(Y/N): And let you get another broken wing or worse, not have a wing at all? No! Not gonna happen!

Pinkie Pie: Wait! Did the crash somehow give her super-duper spider powers?

Doctor Horse: Nnnno, nor did it give her amazing healing powers. She needs to stay in bed for a few days.

Rainbow Dash was downtrodden by that as she falls back onto her pillow.

Rainbow Dash: Few days? Might as well be a few months, or a few years!

Fluttershy: It's not so bad, Rainbow Dash.

Applejack: I bet the chow in here is hoof-lickin' good.

Rarity: And the hospital gowns, they. . .match the curtains!

Rarity then levitates a hospital johnny in front of her.

Pinkie Pie: And look! You have a roommate!

She whisks away the dividing curtain to expose the occupant of the next bed which was an earth pony stallion who has more broken bones than she did. With his face almost totally covered, he can only acknowledge Rainbow with a few eye rolls.

The less-than-excellent news prompts the downed Pegasus to turn over in bed and pull the blanket over herself. Applejack directs a puzzled shrug at the other five visitors, who glance uneasily at each other before all eyes shift toward Twilight, now deep in thought. A squeaking noise draws attention to the open door, through which a library cart loaded with books is pushed into view.

Twilight get's an idea as she gallops toward the door and returns a moment later, levitating a book over to the bed. This is used to poke Rainbow gently a couple of times, then set down by her pillow. She regards it with the clearest loathing.

Rainbow Dash: What's this?

Rainbow Dash picks up the book and holds it out in front of her.

Rainbow Dash: Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone.

Twilight Sparkle: This is the first story in the series. I own all of them.

Twilight let's out a huge grin with a squee.

Rainbow just gives an annoyed look and throws the proffered story away.

Rainbow Dash: No thanks. I so don't read. I'm a world-class athlete. Reading's for eggheads like you, Twilight.

Twilight gives her a slight glare.

Rainbow Dash: Heh, no offense, but I am not reading. It's undeniably, unquestionably, uncool.

The rest of the Mane 7 laugh from that as it got Rainbow's attention.

Applejack: Is she serious? Who doesn't like to read a bang-up tale from time to time?

Rarity: Why, a good book is almost as magnificent as silk pajamas on a Sunday morning, heh!

Twilight Sparkle: Reading is for everypony, Rainbow Dash!

Twilight levitates the book back in front of her.

Pinkie Pie: Yeah! I love reading! I mean we have readers reading this book right now as we speak thanks to the author of this book!