✉ 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡ℎ 𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟

Comincia dall'inizio

Dear Sakusa-kun,

I'm sorry I haven't sent you a letter for nearly two weeks, you see I was busy d̶i̶g̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ m̶y̶ g̶r̶a̶v̶e̶ practicing my piano skills since the competition I w̶a̶s̶ f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶d̶ t̶o̶ join was nearing its date.

Anyways, I finally got the time to write you a letter today since I had s̶u̶c̶c̶e̶s̶s̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ e̶s̶c̶a̶p̶e̶d̶ p̶r̶a̶c̶t̶i̶c̶e̶ a break long enough to write this. As always my letters for you are clean.

How was your week Sakusa-kun? Did you miss reading my letters i̶f̶ i̶t̶ d̶i̶d̶n̶'t̶ g̶o̶ t̶o̶ t̶h̶e̶ t̶r̶a̶s̶h̶c̶a̶n̶ o̶f̶ c̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶? Did you perhaps miss me, your loveliest admirer of all time b̶a̶t̶t̶s̶ e̶y̶e̶l̶a̶s̶h̶e̶s̶?!

Yeah, you should probably ignore the last sentence.

"Idiot," Sakusa mumbled with his mouth twitching into a small smile

By the way, I heard that you've been receiving multiple letters from your c̶r̶a̶z̶y̶ fan girls lately. And after hearing that I kinda don't know how to feel. I don't know if I should feel sad since you probably won't read my letters anymore a̶s̶ i̶f̶ y̶o̶u̶'r̶e̶ r̶e̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ t̶h̶i̶s̶ p̶i̶e̶c̶e̶ o̶f̶ t̶r̶a̶s̶h̶ i̶n̶ t̶h̶e̶ f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ or feel like crying since reality is slapping me with the fact that you will never notice me among the sea of fans you have.

You know sometimes I wish I had the balls to confess my love to you instead of helplessly watching you from afar. But the mere idea of rejection scares me you know? I'd rather get murdered by my friend than feel the pain of rejection.

Also, how are you so dedicated to finish something you've started.

If you think I'm stalking you, I'm not. M̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶. I learned that trait of yours through Komori-kun.

During our first years, me and Komori-kun became partners for a project once. We finished doing the project earlier than we expected so we decided to talk to somehow pass the time. While we were chatting with each other Komori-kun told me about that trait of yours by chance. He told me that ever since you two were children he observed that you have a trait of finishing the things you've started and you'll get irritated if you left it unfinished.

I remember myself listening to Komori-kun who was rambling about you in awe because not many people tend to finish the things they have started. An example of those people is me when I started something I'll leave it unfinished after five minutes getting bored with it.

My mom did one told me that I have an attention span of a goldfish. And I was very offended. I̶ t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ I̶ i̶g̶n̶o̶r̶e̶d̶ h̶e̶r̶ f̶o̶r̶ t̶h̶e̶ r̶e̶s̶t̶ o̶f̶ t̶h̶e̶ d̶a̶y̶ a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ s̶h̶e̶ s̶a̶i̶d̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶.

That trait of yours to finish everything you've started is just so admirable and gorgeous at the same time. Adding that to the list of the things I love about you left me breathless because every time I read the things I love about you always reminded me that I fell for someone extraordinary and worth admiring for.

Warmth spread through Sakusa's face. His heart was thumping faster and louder than usual.

I'm sorry that was so cheesy. Anyways, I'm cutting the letter here Sakusa-kun since I̶'v̶e̶ b̶e̶e̶n̶ f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ my breaks over and I still need to practice my skills for the upcoming t̶r̶a̶s̶h̶y̶ competition. I hope reading my letter made your day better!

P.S I wrote a poem for you below since I recently learned a thing or two about poetry. I'm so sorry if it's bad, cringe-y, trashy, terrible, not worth reading, and doesn't make sense.

You became my light

When I was alone in the dark

You brought me colors

When my life was black and white

You taught me to love

When you appeared before my eyes

Sincerely yours,

Unknown

Sakusa reread the poem one last time before returning the letter to its (f/c) envelope. He looked up to see his cousin staring at the envelope in his hands while gaping.

"What?' he asked his cousin.

"Wha—letter—reading—smile—" Komori stumbled on his words while pointing at the envelope and his face.

Sakusa's furrowed his brows in confusion, "Please speak Japanese."

"HOW COME YOU'RE READING A LETTER WITH A SOFT SMILE AND A LOVESTRUCK EMOTION ON YOUR FACE?!"