✉ 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑑 𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟

Start from the beginning

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Volleyball practice had just ended and the players were currently changing out of their sweaty clothes with the exception of Sakusa who finished first. Sakusa was standing outside the gym with both of his hands tucked inside his pockets, he was currently waiting for his cousin to finish changing out of his g̶e̶r̶m̶ f̶i̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ dirty clothes.

A quiet grunt escape his lips as the cold night air brushed against his face. Sakusa felt irritated, why does his cousin always took forever to change out of his damn clothes.

Sakusa sighed and look at the night sky, he could see a few stars twinkling above. Suddenly, he recalled about the letter his admirer had given him. He knew Komori wasn't finishing anytime soon so he decided to read the letter first while waiting for his cousin to finish.

He opened the letter and took out its contents revealing a folded letter and a necklace with a silver key charm. He took the necklace and held it in front of him as he observed its details carefully. He took noted that the key which was attached to the necklace was simple yet beautiful.

Sakusa pocketed the necklace and turned his attention back to the folded letter. He unfolded the letter and starts reading it.

Dear Sakusa-kun,

I don't know if you've read my other t̶r̶a̶s̶h̶y̶ a̶n̶d̶ n̶o̶t̶ b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ w̶r̶i̶t̶t̶e̶n̶ letters, but to let you know this is my third letter written for you. And just like my two other previous letters, this letter you are reading is m̶o̶s̶t̶ l̶i̶k̶e̶l̶y̶ safe and germ free.

Honestly, I'm surprised I was able to write this letter with the busy schedules we have, not to mention the upcoming first quarter examination is just around the corner. A̶n̶d̶ I̶ s̶e̶r̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ h̶a̶v̶e̶n̶'t̶ t̶o̶u̶c̶h̶ e̶v̶e̶n̶ a̶ s̶i̶n̶g̶l̶e̶ p̶a̶g̶e̶ o̶f̶ a̶n̶y̶ o̶f̶ m̶y̶ b̶o̶o̶k̶s̶, c̶a̶n̶ y̶o̶u̶ b̶e̶l̶i̶e̶v̶e̶ i̶t̶!

Anyways, I would like to congratulate you all for winning the practice match with Fukuroudani. I don't really know volleyball that much but I could tell how great you all were. The team's receives were on point, all of the blocks were sturdy, and the spikes were all powerful.

You guys were all fantastic but for some reason I couldn't keep my eyes off you s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ I̶'m̶ l̶i̶t̶e̶r̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ y̶o̶u̶r̶ n̶o̶.1̶ s̶i̶m̶p̶.

Watching you play with so much determination and passion made me a little envious. Even if you had the usual bored expression on your v̶e̶r̶y̶ h̶a̶n̶d̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ a̶n̶d̶ g̶o̶d̶l̶y̶ f̶a̶c̶e̶, I could still see how your eyes would light up whenever you spike a ball and that made me wish that I c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ s̶w̶i̶t̶c̶h̶ p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶s̶ w̶i̶t̶h̶ t̶h̶e̶ b̶a̶l̶l̶was someone like you who could enjoy the things like that.

Just like you who know how to play volleyball, I also know how to play the piano. However, unlike you who plays with so much passion, I was passionless. I couldn't see any joy while playing the piano, hell I never even felt the rush of emotions whenever I play a piece. I felt no spark, no emotions, no color and no excitement. It was all blank and emotionless.

But you have it, whenever you were playing volleyball you would always display the determination, passion and motivation I couldn't have. And that's one of the reasons why my d̶u̶m̶b̶a̶s̶s̶ heart fell for you.

I'll be cutting the letter here since I still need to start studying to get a decent grade s̶o̶ m̶y̶ m̶o̶m̶ w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'t̶ b̶u̶r̶y̶ m̶e̶ 1̶0̶ f̶t̶ u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶.

I hope reading my letter made your day better.

P.S. Since the exams are approaching I think I wouldn't have the time to write you more letters so as m̶a̶r̶r̶i̶a̶g̶e̶ p̶r̶o̶p̶o̶s̶a̶l̶ an apology I bought you a necklace matching with mine!

Sincerely yours,

Unknown

After Sakusa read the letter, he took out the necklace again. The moon shone on the necklace accenting it's details and making the key seem to shine. He smiled, and put the necklace on just before Komori came out.