Chapter 67: Unpredictability

Start from the beginning

"It means that my kid is non-binary. That means they have no gender. They came out about it to me a few months ago, so I've gotten used to it now."

I can see why he didn't describe them as "son" or "daughter" when he first mentioned them. Before I can say anything though, Wallaby notices me and asks, "I can see that you're not as confused as to your brother."

So he has noticed, huh?

"Let's just say I had my own non-binary experience."

I do recall how I befriended a non-binary classmate of mine during my first day in high school. I barely interacted with them, but we do some school projects together from time to time. So I can understand where Kazu's reaction after that revelation.

"I-I hope this doesn't change your views on me, Kazu..."

I can understand where they're going with this. From what my classmate and Damon told me, not everyone can accept genderfluid people once they came out. Heck, I can say the same with most of the LGBTQ+ community. That's why sometimes, I have to do my research on this topic when I try to approach my classmate and any other LGBTQ+ students and players I might run into. I want to know what to do and what to say to intervene just in case. But to my surprise, Kazu just nods no and smiles.

"It's no big deal. Azel is Azel and I can accept you as a friend no matter what gender you are."

I'm a bit surprised at Kazu's reaction. He is confused, but he still accepts them. But I am happy with his response and I think they feel the same way. Though, they might be reacting a little too much.

"K-Kazu... Y-You do?"

"Of course! Besides, we're both mages in [Isekai]. All I care is that I have two friends here I can rely on and people to hang out with when Wind's not around."

Two? Oh, right. I forgot about his interactions with Annie. That boy really needs to read the room with her sometime. Still, it's a nice response from Kazu. Guess that's one step towards acceptance.

"Y-Yeah! I want to discover what this world has to offer, too! Once we turn 12, we should start by discovering more about our characters' race!"

"Sounds like a good plan! What do you think, Wind?"

Me? Well, I'm not sure what to say. Though, I do have a few words about the idea.

"If you can do well in your schoolwork, I guess I'll let you have the reigns once you have your birthday next month. Just... make sure to limit your [Magecrafting] from now on, please."

"Got it!"

I sigh in relief as I watch them talk more relating to [Isekai Online] stuff. God, I think I found a second Kazu in Azel.

"Heh... Looks like Azel found someone in his age to play with in here, huh? Guess this game will be a bit busy from now on," my master said as he approaches me, at which I nod without hesitation.

"Yeah. Not to mention a bit more unpredictable on my end."

I sigh again just as I hear Azel gasp.

"I almost forgot! I need to see if my new staff is more powerful than my previous ones!"

"Then let's check it out! I think it's still under the rubble."

Oh, god. I quickly follow them as they go to test it out to make sure they don't do anything crazy. Yeah, I have a feeling that their new friendship might lead us into a whole new territory of unpredictability.

----

Wind's Masteries

[Archery] Level 18

[Woodcrafting] Level 7

[Swordsmanship] Level 16

[Cooking] Level 6

[Wind] Level 15

[Physical Enhancement] Level 15

[Hunting] Level 14

[Blacksmithing] Level 6

----

Kazu's Masteries

[Arcana] Level 19

[Thunder] Level 16

[Wind] Level 14

[Alchemy] Level 13

[Magecrafting] Level 10

[Magical Affinity] Level 17

[Scribe] Level 4