𝗜𝗩|𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧

𝗢𝗻𝗲 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸 𝗟𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿I sit at my new desk completing paperwork from the previous case we just finished

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗿
I sit at my new desk completing paperwork from the previous case we just finished. "My lovelies, you all have a case" Garcia announces as she walks into the conference room.

Reid and I share a look as we stand up. The two of us haven't spoken much since the case with the girls. The only time we talked to each other was when we had to.

"Does anyone remember this picture?" Garcia asks as news clippings are shown on the screen. "Hotch and I were there. That's Principal Doug Givens. We had to drag him to safety." Rossi recognizes.

"High school bombing in Boise, right?" Emily asks with a puzzled look.

"School shooter and school bomber. A kid named Randy Slade shot three students and then set off an IED in the cafeteria via cell phone, killing himself and thirteen kids total, but not before posting all of his plans online. It was one of those "where were you?" events. My whole campus was glued to the TV." JJ says causing a chill to run down my spine.

"Last night Principle Givens was killed by a bomb modeled exactly like the old one," Garcia told the group. "Feels like the unsub wants to attack the man who kept the school together after the bombing" Derek spoke.

"It's been ten years since this tragedy, we don't need another one, wheels up in twenty" My Dad announces with a straight face. Everyone nods before closing their case files and standing.

"So uh how have you been?" Spencer asks as he takes the seat in front of me on the jet. I quickly close my sketchbook before looking up to meet his gaze.

"I've been good, doing a lot of drawing" I motion to the book in my lap. "You can draw?" He furrows his eyebrows in wonder. "Not very well in my opinion, but it keeps me grounded." I smile down at my lap.

"That good that you found something to make you happy." He smiles an adorable smile. Stop it, Harper. I shake myself out of my daze before looking back down to my sketch pad. Shit. I was unconsciously drawing Spencer Reid.

Spencer, JJ, and I were at the crime scene, trying to find what the hell happened. "Who were yours, Harper?" Spencer asks. "Huh?" I zone back into the conversation.

"Your bullies?" He asks. "Oh uh, the cheer captain and her possi, Kayli Monroe, Isabel Joy, and Rachel Atman." I sigh with a light chuckle at the end. "But once they found out my dad worked for the FBI they stopped" I smile.

"What about you JJ?" He turns to her and asks. "Uh I don't remember" Spencer and I look at each other with confused looks.

"Were you one of the mean girls?" Spencer gasps. "Wh -? No!" JJ defends as I attempt to hold back a laugh. "Valedictorian, soccer scholarship, corn fed but still a size zero - I think that you might've been a mean girl!" Spencer exclaims.

"I was actually one of the nice girls. Even to guys like you!" She chuckles lightly. "Guys like me? I'll have you know that my social standing increased once I started winning at basketball." He defends.

"Oh yeah, you played basketball?" I poke his arm teasingly. "No, I didn't play. I coached basketball. I broke down the opposing team's shooting strategy." He explains with a huff.

"Is that why Morgan kicked you out of the pool last week?" She questions. "Yeah. Took him three rounds to realize I was hustling him." He smiles proudly.

"What else do we have to go on?" I rub my fingers on my temples in frustration. "Spencer said the UnSub would have broken his hand beating Chelsea to death. Emily, did you notice anyone with a cast on their hand, someone who seemed hurt?" JJ questions.

"No" Emily replies quickly.

"I might know why. This UnSub doesn't feel pain. There's a medical condition called pain asymbolia, where patients register harmful stimuli without being bothered by it. They've been documented holding their hand over an open flame because their brain doesn't send pain signals to the central nervous system." Spencer rambles while declining at least seven phone calls.

"Sounds pretty rare. You sure the UnSub has it?" Rossi asks Spencer. "The crime scenes prove it. This UnSub displayed an unusual level of savagery towards his victims. And consider this, he smashed through a glass display case, but there were not cuts on Jerry. That means he most likely punched through it as a show of force. Now, the only way the human body could withstand that level of pain is if he couldn't feel it at all." Spencer explains quickly, once again declining phone calls.

"It must take a major toll on someone's emotional development." Derek comments. "A significant contributor to our sense of empathy is the way we personally experience pain." I add causing Spencer to glance at me.

"And the UnSub didn't develop his sense of empathy because it was cut off. Does every person with asymbolia have this?" My dad asks.

"Actually, most feel empathy just fine, which makes me think the rest of our profile is still accurate. Loner, invisible, outcast, boiling rage SON OF A BITCH! Hi, this is Dr. Spencer Reid, I actually can come to the phone right now with a very special message that your mother is a to..." "Reid" my dad interrupts.

Both Morgan and I hold back our laughter until my father walks away. "I will crush you" Spencer mutters. "What?" Derek asks. "What?" Spencer asks innocently causing me to giggle.

Harper do be having a crush on Reid tho😌
Word Count: 953