fifteen

— april 1995 —

— april 1995 —

ZOLA AND Cedric had been dating for 4 months now and things were going amazingly. But their friends all believed that they were moving to quickly. They had already said the 'L word' two months into their relationship.

The couple didn't pay too much mind to their worries. As long as they knew where they were, then they were happy.

All the students from Year 3 to Year 7 were allowed to go to Hogsmeade for the day. Cedric was planning the most perfect date that he could ever think of for the two of them. The plan was to start off at The Three Broomsticks for some Butterbeers. Then, they'd go around the shops — specifically, Honeydukes Sweetshop and Zonko's Joke Shop, as they were both of their favourites in the village. Then, they'd go walking — wherever their feet take them, usually the spot that looks over the abandoned Shrieking Shack, where they'd both wonder what was inside it.

But like all great plans, something has to go wrong. And that was their friends gatecrashing their alone time.

Of course, Lorelei and Priscilla just had to snatch Zola away from him and browse through Gladrags Wizardwear Shop. And when they came back, Fred, George, Jesse and Troy had dragged everyone to Zonko's with them — all of them piling their arms full of items. Then Lorelei and Priscilla had pulled Zola towards Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop for lunch while the boys lead Cedric to the Three Broomsticks. Just when Cedric thought he was going to get more than 5 minutes alone with his girlfriend, he was proven wrong. Hermione came up to her, gushing over a new book she found in Dervish and Banges and Zola immediately went after her — Lorelei, Jesse and Priscilla following after her, also intrigued.

It was frustrating, and it was showing on Cedric's face. "You alright, mate?" Fred asked the Hufflepuff boy.

"Yeah, you look like you might punch someone any minute," George snickered.

"It's a little terrifying," Troy commented.

Cedric sighed, his hand roughly dragging down on his face. "I had planned a really nice day for me and Zola but we haven't had any time alone together," Cedric ranted. "I'm not blaming any of you," Cedric said, gesturing between the shop that the group had just entered and the boys around him. "I just really like her, you know?"