ten

— november 1994 — 

— november 1994 — 

IT WAS the day of the first Triwizard task. Zola didn't really want to go, but she really did want to see a urine-drenched Cedric, so that's why she was making the trek from the castle to the Forbidden Forest stadium where the task would take place. Lorelei stood between Zola and Priscilla, both arms linked with each girl. Jesse and Troy were trailing behind them, talking passionately about how they thought would be the most successful in the task. 

As they travelled, they spotted Fred and George taking bets on the tournament's outcome. "A little insensitive, no?" Priscilla whispered to Lorelei and Zola.

"Very," Lorelei smiled. 

Zola continued. "But it's Fred and George. What are you gonna do?" She shrugged.

"Bets taken! Bets taken here!" The twins yelled in unison. "Step up fold! Who fancies a flutter in today's bloodbath?"

"Keep up the good work, lads!" Zola called out as she walked between them.

The twins grinned. "As you wish, Z!" The stadium was still rather quiet, many students still making the long trek, some slower than others, some waking up later by accident.

The group managed to find seats in the front row. Zola sat and her knee unconsciously bounced up and down. "You alright, Z?" Jesse asked from the opposite side of the group, causing all of the friends to turn and watch Zola's knee.

"Yeah, why?" Jesse nodded down to her knee. "Just nervous for them, is all."

Lorelei looped her arm around her shoulders. "They'll be okay, Z."

Dumbledore began his speech just as Fred and George took their seats next to Zola. She noticed the amount of money they had collected so far from the bets. "You two are so sleazy," Fred and George only nodded. 

After a few minutes, the loud bang of a cannon rang through the air, followed by a roar of cheers, signifying that the task has began. Everyone began chanting 'Diggory! Diggory! Diggory!' which made Zola shift uncomfortably in her seat from nerves.