Fuck.

You kept looking at the photos as if you would be able to remember exactly when they were taken, if there was anyone suspicious around when it happened. But it was impossible, there was always so many people around in the city.

You stared at the number. You were going to have to call them, but you had no idea what to say to them. Kylo was supposed to be helping you with this before everything happened between the two of you...

Groaning under your breath, you knocked on the door down the hall from you. You really didn't want to do this but you had no other choice. You were terrified to say the wrong thing to the police and Kylo was the only one who knew the entire situation. This wasn't the first time you'd been to his apartment because you needed his help but this time you did feel the most out of place.

It was like Kylo had been waiting at the door, opening it instantly.

You two locked eyes for a moment, taking in how it felt to be in a familiar setting with very unfamiliar feelings.

"Can I come in?" You asked. You felt awkward.

Kylo realized this was the first time you'd ever asked to come inside. Every other time you just pushed him out of the way and walked in yourself. The idea that you didn't feel comfortable doing that now made him frown.

"Sure." He told you with a sigh, moving out of the way so that you could walk inside. He shut the door behind you. He watched you, wondering if his plan had worked the night before. Did Hux find out about the bruises on your thighs?

You handed him the envelope full of the pictures and the note. It would make more sense for him to look through it himself instead of you explaining.

As Kylo opened the envelope and flipped through the photos, you took in the way that his apartment looked. When you'd been there before, everything had been so neat, it almost had looked like no one was even living in it. But right now, it was messy. Clearly, it looked like someone was living there and it also looked like that person hadn't left the apartment in days.

Your eyes went back to Kylo, noting the way that he had some stubble on his face that you hadn't noticed the night before. He had on pajamas and his hair was a mess, reflecting the state of his apartment.

You couldn't help but wonder if you had anything to do with that as well. Vicrul did mention that Kylo had been in a bad mood ever since you had all gotten back. It couldn't have been a coincidence that it took place after he said those hurtful things to you. That should've satisfied you, it should make you happy that he was having such a tough time coming to terms with what he did. But really, it just gave you the urge to help him. You had to hold yourself back from gathering together and throwing away the empty beer bottles on the table next to you, to clean up a little.

"Shit." Kylo muttered to himself as he finished looking through everything.

"Yeah, shit." You agreed with him, biting your thumb nail.

"Sit down." Kylo told you, not taking his eyes off of the pages in his hand. "I'm gonna think this through and then you'll call him while you're still here."

He wasn't even going to let you talk to him on your own. "I thought you trusted me." You told him, calling his bluff. It was true, he had said he did before he had pretended you meant nothing to him.

Kylo locked eyes with you for a moment, realizing what you were doing. "Sit." He repeated in return, pointing to his couch. He didn't have the energy to get into it with you.