7

"Ahn ahn Zi, wetin you dey do?" Aliyu asks when I meet him by a light pole and I hiss "Abeg leave me joor." I say as I peel an orange.

         "Let me guess that's Ifeka's contribution to your school fees abii?" He asks laughingly and I glare at him "Keep laughing ooo, you'll tell me what's funny there." I say as I hand him the peeled orange and start peeling another as I sit by his side.

       "I'm sorry." He says rubbing my head "So what do I do now?" I ask and he shrugs, "Left to me I'll call her." He says and I glare at him "Its like you're ready to sing ; we shall meet on the other side of the river for me abii?" I ask and he scoffs.

        "Why do you think she's a ritualist? or does she look like one?" He asks and I frown "Does it show on the face?" I ask and he picks up a stone and throws it.

       "Don't you think that if she wanted to use you for ritual she'd have done so by now?" He asks and I shrug "She may have tried and failed naa,because as soon as I was done eating that rice, I started purging." I say as I slice the orange into two.

       "Ahn ahn, was it not two of us that ate the rice? Nothing happened to me ooo!" He says eyeing me.

       "Fine, I didn't purge, I just had gas." I say and he nods. "What did you eat after the rice?" He asks and I frown "Tapioca." I reply "And after the tapioca what else did you eat?" He asks and I glare at him "Why do you think I ate anything else after the tapioca?" I ask as I fold my arms and he laughs.

        "I know you. Wetin you chop?" He asks and I glare "Six bananas." I say finally and he smiles, "There you have it. It was the bananas and not the rice that gave you gas." He says and I shrug "I'm still not calling her." I say and he face palms himself.

       "Naa your pride go kill you one day." He says and I get up "God forbids such." I say and he snorts "You need help, she's offering help but your pride won't let you accept it." He says and I begin to yell "Buy your sweet oranges!" "If you're not going to call her, I'll do so for you." He says and I stick my tongue out at him "I've misplaced the card." I say.

       "You mean this card?" He asks waving a card in front of me "Where you find am?" I ask and he shrugs, "I knew you were going to throw it away so I took it out from your jean pocket when you weren't looking." He says and I frown "Don't call her ooo!" I yell and he laughs as he dials the number on the card and shows me. "Aliyu I'm serious oo." I yell.

       "Its already dialing." He says showing me his phone "Its ringing now." He says and I glare "Hang up joor." I say and he smiles "Its still ringing.."  He says and I glare "Aliyu naa.."

       "She has picked." He says and I  gesticulate for him to end the call and he nods and just as I'm about to give a sigh of relief, I hear him speak..

   "Hello am I speaking to Mrs Folarin?..."