"Kara, what happened?" Lena pulled away and looked her up and down.

Kara had forgotten that she smelled like grass and that her hair still had specks of dirt in it. She told her what they had found at the location that Brainy found and how Metallo exploded in front of her. She left out some parts but Lena knew she was hiding something.

"Kara, what aren't you telling me?" Lena pushed, her voice becoming more stern.

"It's nothing really..." Kara didn't want Lena to feel like she had disappointed her.

"Kara." Lena reached out with a finger and tilted Kara's chin up so that Kara would look at her.

"Lillian found out how to make Kryptonite into a gas and I got hurt by it." Kara finally said.

Lena staggered back a step, surprised. She felt a stab in her chest, feeling terribly guilty that she hadn't done everything she could to keep Kara safe.

"It wasn't bad, though." Kara said quickly. "Your shield helped me a lot. But gas is just... there's nothing you can do about it."

Lena nodded but she was still a little doubtful. Knowing her, Kara knew that Lena would probably spend days in her lab to try to come up with a solution.

"And Metallo did mention something about Lillian's plan." Kara added.

Lena looked up at her again when she noticed a change in Kara's tone. She listened grimly as Kara told her how her mother was planning to destroy all of her friends and then destroy the balance of the world.

"Isn't she great?" Lena said sarcastically.

"Lena, it's going to be fine." Kara tried to sound more optimistic than she felt.

"She needs to be stopped." Lena's voice grew desperate. "Killed."

Kara tried to meet her eyes but Lena was staring at her feet. "Lena."

When she didn't respond, Kara pulled her into another hug. Lena's head fell onto her shoulder and Kara felt the dampness of her tears through her suit. She wrapped her arms tighter around her and she closed her eyes, listening to Lena's steady heart beat.

"Go out with me." Kara suddenly spoke up.

That was enough to get Lena to look up at her. "What?"

"Right now." Kara explained. "It'll be our first date."

"What?" Lena repeated, still shocked.

"You deserve it, Lena. You deserve to relax and be taken care of and treated the way you deserve." Kara clarified. "Will you go out with me?"

Lena searched Kara's clear blue eyes and she realized she was dead serious. Her own eyes twinkled as she nodded in excitement.

Without warning, Kara swooped her into her arms and flew out of the window. Lena closed her eyes and clung to Kara tightly, grounding herself by focusing on Kara's body heat. She smiled into Kara's neck as she felt Kara's muscles strain as Kara tightened her grip.

Lena felt Kara land and she slowly opened her eyes. She was met with a surprise kiss and she leaned into it, not wanting to let go. Kara was still carrying her and her head spun when she made contact with Kara's soft lips.

"Lena." Kara smiled into their kiss and she tried to break it but Lena kept leaning back in. Kara gave in for a while, their mouths moving in sync.

"Lena." Kara laughed and was finally able to pull away.

Kara put her down and Lena realized they were at least thirty stories up. She could see the skyline of National City from here and she took in the warm breeze that blew her hair across her face. She looked around at the sky, taking in the beauty of the sun disappearing along the horizon. At first, she didn't realize where she was.