Day Four: Pt. 1

It was finally the day of the groups' hiking trip. At first, they were unsure of where to go but decided on a place that had a waterfall as one of the main attractions. Kaidou seemed hyped about this, being the overdramatic Chuunibyu he is.

"Yes! A beautiful place such as a waterfall must be protected by me. I will go there and keep it safe from the Dark Reunion!" He had declared the night before, pumping his fists.

Aren, however, glanced at the half-chihuahua in slight worry. He knew how pathetically weak the white-haired friend was, wondering if Kaidou would make it through the hike okay.

Anyways. Back to the present, Saiki had woken up with a throbbing headache, which went away fairly quickly. But, what bugged him the most was the dream- no, precognition. The person he'd so desperately tried to save in it was cut out. He couldn't remember the person's face or voice at all. This... hasn't happened before.

Y/N noticed he was slightly off his game first thing. "Saiki, are you okay?"

...Deja vu?

The psychic nodded. He shouldn't make other people worry. Putting on his usual facade, he spoke: "I'm alright."

Y/N smiled. "That's good. If you're feeling unwell, you should say so. We're hiking, after all. What if you accidentally lose your balance?"

She melodramatically, dropped onto his shoulder, a hand on her forehead as she cried out in a mocking theatrical voice. "Oh, how terrible that would be!"

Saiki sighed. He didn't know whether to feel happy she was opening up so much nowadays or...

Or what? At most, he felt amused at her antics. This was something he was pondering on. Her doing that wasn't much different from his other friends' actions that he found painfully irritating, but when it was Y/N, it just felt. Different.

Y/N huffed, sitting back up straight. "Hmph, no reaction?"

The two were placed on Saiki's bed. They were waiting for the clock to strike 11:15 AM before making their way to the lobby. Aiura and Kuboyasu had already headed downstairs. The two had knocked on their doors to let them know first.

The large group had planned to meet up there at 11:30, so they still had a lot of time left to waste. Well, wasting time, by Y/N's definition, seemed to be to attempt to annoy the living shit out of her roommate.

She was failing, surprisingly.

Saiki was simply feeling pent-up at the fact that every time the girl leaned onto him, his mind would just- poof- and the loud voices in his head would disappear.

Dammit, won't you just pick one and stick to it, Mr. Brain?!

He was losing his mind over this. It was so, so annoying. Eventually, Saiki just went fuck it.

The psychic placed his back on Y/N's shoulder, leaning in while the rest of his body slumped.

Y/N flinched back slightly in surprise before tapping her pink-haired companion on his head twice. "Hey, Saiki? What're you doing?"

"Laying down."

"Laying down on me?" She pointed out, tapping his hair thrice now.

Saiki nodded. Finally; his mind was at peace. Subconsciously he'd nuzzled his head even more onto her shoulder. Y/N softened at his action.

"He's... really adorable."

Y/N let him continue leaning against her, simply pulling out her phone to play games until the alarm she'd set for 11:15 went off.