Day Three

Today was different from the other days on this trip. Instead of being allowed to travel around freely, the classes were visiting a garden of some sort. Probably one with a historical background. Though, it wasn't too bad as the students still went around in their previous travel groups.

"Saiki! Let's go meet up with the others now. They're probably waiting for us."

The psychic sighed. That wasn't true; they were the first ones ready- In fact, Yumehara was still asleep. Saiki stood from the desk placed upon the two's shared rooms and followed her out.

Y/N was slightly tired. She had trouble sleeping last night, but the few times she did there was that feeling where you're plummetting down. Thanks to that, she'd barely managed to sleep- at the very least, comfortably.

"No need to rush," Saiki responded in his dull tone. He, on the other hand, slept fairly well despite the noises in his mind.

Y/N shrugged, clearly still wanting to dash downstairs. She was excited about the garden visit. She didn't love nature, but the H/C-haired girl still found the settings beautiful.

Saiki took his time, but as they'd made their way down, he decided to let his curiosity bloom a bit more and attempted to interact with his roommate.

"What was your old school like?"

The girl looked surprised that her partner was gonna try and converse with her.

"I didn't expect Saiki to start a conversation with me first..." She thought but realized this was a good thing. "I mean, that means he doesn't dislike me, right?"

Her face betrayed all her emotions, which seemed to amuse the psychic.

"Well, it was a smaller one than this one, so I'm not used to so many people yet," Y/N explained. "Oh!- But I do love everybody's company here. The people here are a lot more welcoming than I'm used to."

Saiki's tense shoulders slumped as he'd slackened a bit, relaxing into the conversation a bit more. Of course, even if he'd spoken verbally (?) for 2 days now, he still never talked this much.

"Honestly, I just hope I don't have to drop out again," she added. Her eyes clouded a bit with a saddened expression.

Saiki gave nothing but a nod. However, that reaction made by her vacuous friend felt extremely reassuring.

Her usual distinctive glowing returned as she gave Saiki a tender smile, before shooting a question.

"Hey, I've been curious about this for a while, but what's with the glasses or the lollipops on your head?"

"Lollipops?"

The man in question gave her a stern glance as if telling her to mind her own business. Y/N returned the look with a playful grin. "For some reason, you remind me of axolotls."

The strict look now morphed into a glare. "What?"

"You know, pink... The Lil' antennas?" Y/N pointed out, examining him. "Not to mention, boring but in a fascinating way."

'Boring' was a compliment in Saiki's book.

He huffed slightly, turning away from Y/N. Just at that moment, the elevator opened up and he'd turned back, leaving without her.

Y/N whined for him to wait for her, unaware of the small smile he had hidden on his face.

-

Aiura walked behind Saiki, tapping him on the shoulder before leaning in to whisper something.