"You're right, better live for now then get caught up in memories."

"Funny," Ara chuckled.

"What."

"You're usually the one giving me advise, it seems to have switched today." Lydia smiled at her comment.

"You always seem to need it." She replied jokingly. Ara punched her arm.

"Right..." She said laughing. Lydia giggled wrapping her arm around Ara who then leaned her head against her shoulder.

"I'm so glad we have each other."

"What would you do without me?" She teased, "but in all honesty, I feel the same. I'm so glad you're my friend."

The two climbed the rest of the way reaching the ledge and sat down letting their legs dangle over the side. Behind them was a waterfall which poured down to a river running beside them and down over the ledge. The water was crystal clear, just by looking at it would make you thirst. They both cupped their hands plunging multiple times into the water downing each handful.

"I have to say," Ara said moving her now wet hair over her shoulder out of her eyes, "this is one of my favorite parts about being up here." Lydia gulped, swallowing and wiping her face with the cool water. The sensation mesmerizing, refreshing and inviting.

"Can't argue with you there." She said smiling. Ara stood placing her backpack down and stretched, the hike had made their muscles tighter causing the need for loosening.

"You ready?" Ara said finishing her stretch and getting into a fighting stance. Lydia placed her pack down as well, stretched quickly, then confronted her.

"The real question is," she said getting into her fighting stance, "are you?" She let a glimpse of a smile show then rushed forward.

Ara ducked under a round kick aimed at her head and, placing both hands firmly on the ground, swept her right leg around towards Lydia's left while her right was finishing the round. She tripped but fell into a roll popping up again as Ara quickly stood to face her. "Almost had you there." Lydia brushed her hair back.

"Almost," she said smiling, "but not quite."

Ara took her turn and came in with a barrage of punches; left, hook, up, ridge hand, elbow, low.

Lydia blocked and countered each easily enough, her counters were blocked by Ara's reflexes and speed, as were hers by Lydia.

Lydia finally caught Ara by the wrist and thinking almost on instinct, wrapped her hand under her bicep and grabbed her shoulder with both hands and jerked Ara down. Following up with a knee she caused Ara to lurch forward and block with her left arm, her right still secured by Lydia's grip.

Lydia adjusted her grip by unwrapping then sliding down Ara's arm with her right and grabbing her wrist, her left pressured Aras elbow as she spun her to the ground. Ara saw an opening, as Lydia wasn't fast enough to keep Ara close, she mistakingly let her spin out. Ara spun catching Lydia with a swipe of her arms causing her to fall forward. Ara rolled away standing at a safe distance.

"Ah, you're improving!" She teased. Lydia stood brushing the dirt from her face and clothes.

"Or you're just loosing it." Lydia teased back. Ara mocked by placing her finger under her chin and looking up.

"Hm, unlikely."

"Well, you want to keep going or what?"

"I wasn't aware you wanted to."

"Never said I didn't."

The two circled each other, hands up with relaxed and open hands, ready for the other to strike first. Ara noticed how close they were to the river, if she could act quickly she'd be able to push Lydia in ending the fight, at least she hoped it would, the water was cold.