2

Where had this all began?

If I had to guest. I would say it started 2 months ago. I hadn't really noticed anything different about him. He was the same as always. But, things did change. I just didn't know what just yet.

——

It was around 7 o'clock.

James was like any other guy. Athletic, stunning, and so I say absolute gorgeous? However, he was acting a bit weird. But, I just thought it was because he was planning a secret birthday party for me and he didn't want to spoil it. Oh how wrong I was.

I was walking to my boyfriend's house. It was like any other day. Everything was the same. Except for the fact that it was going to rain soon. Proved by the angry clouds that had started to surround the neighborhood.

I had finally made to the front door when it had started to drizzle. Opening the door with the spare key he gave me. I stepped into the house. The house was empty and he was no were to be seen. I thought he was out with his friends or something. So I did the most logical thing that I had thought of, take a shower and relax until he's home.

I started heading up the stairs. When I heard voices. Thinking it was my boyfriend and happy that he was home I basically almost tripped on my own feet while rushing upstairs to open the door. But then I heard it.

The voices where just muffed but it was clear as day what was happening in there.

"What the actual FUCK," i opened the door so fast that it slammed into the wall. Shifting and panic profanities left James' mouth. As he tried to cover both him and the girl underneath him. Finally taking in the scene. How classical. Your boyfriend cheated on you with your best friend.

"(y-y/n)! I thought you weren't coming home till tomorrow!" He said nervously. While getting off the bed and wrapping a towel around his private area while walking towards you.

"What the fuck James. My best friend really? How stupid." you were fuming beyond belief, but tried to keep calm.

"Wait. (Y/n)! It's not what you think!" He fumbled around with his words as he tried to justify, this.

"Why do they always say that "it's not what you think, she did it. She 'got on' me. I didn't mean it. It was an 'accident'." James, I've had enough! I've had enough of your games and your stupid ass! We're done and Anne I hoped you it. I really hope you did. Because it would be ashamed if your mom knew you had stds." Anne's expression turn to smug to terrified so fast. I almost laughed at how stupid she was. She really did only have one functioning brain cell. I turned around from James and Anne and headed towards the door. I walked out of the house before he even got a chance to say anything back.

I wandered around having no plans nor any sense of direction. Somehow I ended up holding myself at a curb on some closed store while rain pours on me 

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. STUPID. WHY IS LIFE SO UNFAIR," I yelled into my knees. Letting out all my frustration out.

It had been 5 minutes. 10 even. Drowning in my self pity. Trying to figure out what to do next.

Until, someone's voice rang in my ears. 

"Hey. Are you okay?" Half expecting James to be there. Telling me how he's so "sorry" or maybe even him telling me that "it didn't mean anything".

I looked up from my spot and was going to burst in his face about how this isn't the first time and how he's a person that's only motivated by his dick.

But that never happened because James wasn't there. Instead I meet green eyes and dirty blonde hair.

Realizing I have no idea who this person was and I just gave him a blank stare. I started to panic.

"Huh. Oh yeah. I'm fine. My boyfriend just cheated on me but it's whatever. You know," I said while forcing out a laugh. It came out crooked and well forced.

It turned silent after that.

'Crap did I mess up. Nah. He probably left. Like everyone does-'

An awkward cough came from him before he started talking again.

"If it makes you feel better do you wanna go somewhere with me?" His voice came out meekly. In which I barely heard it.

Looking up at him again.  I realized he reached out a hand to me. I started at his hand for a few moments, but ultimately came up with the conclusion that my life couldn't be more shit than it was right now. So, smiling a little I took his hand and pulled myself up.

His hands were huge compared to mine and it was rough but it felt nice in my hands.

"Let me introduce myself. My name is (Y/n) (L/n). It's nice to meet you...uh"

"Clay. Call me Clay."