"I don't want anymore siblings though, Moonie already bad enough."

"Honestly, she not even bad. She's just spoiled." Nubi laughed shaking her head.

"You looove taking up for her, of course you'll say that." Nana smacked her teeth, "Let's start p-valley when the food come though. I keep hearing about it."

Nubi nodded in response. "My room or the den?"

"Your room of course." She said as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

•••

"Mississippi pride pride!" Nana rapped as she hopped off the bed and started dancing in front of Nubi.

"Girl pleaaase," She giggled, kicking her down softly with her feet. "You watch one stripper show and swear you can dance."

"You hating when I'm really a whole dancer." Nana rolled her eyes playfully. "We can finish it tomorrow though, I'm getting sleepy."

Nubi nodded in agreement letting out a low yawn. "You about to go call your boo huh?"

"I don't mess with that boy, girl." She waved her off almost immediately, "What about your lil' boo? What's up with y'all?" She quizzed, raising a brow.

"Hmph he's my friend, that's it." Nubi sighed loudly as she rolled over and grabbed her phone that was charging on her nightstand.

"We started off as close frieeends, some how he turn into yo' boyfrieeend." She sang childishly making her hold up the middle finger in response. "Front all you want, I know the real Nubi."

"Yeah whatever. Goodnight sista." She muttered watching as Nana gathered her trash and unplugged her charger.

"Night sista." She said back before walking out the room.

"You could've closed my door all the way!" Nubi yelled out, sucking her teeth saltily before unlocking her phone.

Other than a few messages from her groupchat, her phone was ultimately dry. She stood up from her bed and walked over to the door shutting it fully before unraveling the strings from her robe.

She quickly slipped on a oversized shirt along with some night shorts since she hadn't put on any clothes from her shower earlier.

Hearing a vibration come from her phone, she waltzed back over to her bed to get her phone. A text from Messiah sported her screen and just as she went to open it, an incoming call from him rang out.

"Hello?" She answered softly into the mic as the call connected.

"Wassup, what you on right now?" He spoke cooly as she shuffled around in her room.

"It's about to be 12, Siah. I'm about to go to sleep boy." She chuckled as she turned down her volume down and loosened her ponytail before fluffing out her curls.

"You funny talm 'bout some boy." He chuckled.

"Come outside right quick though, you been dodging me all week."

"Huh? You're outside? Like outside of my house?" She said making sure she heard him right.

"Nah outside yo school."

"You always got something sarcastic to say." She smacked her teeth sourly.

"But uh, I look real crazy right now and my daddy have cameras outside. I haven't snuck out before an-and I don't know.. I'm scared I'll get caught." She rambled biting down on her lip anxiously.