3 - The Ministry of Magic

That night Lily and James slept in the spare room downstairs. It was the strangest night they've ever had. They had just been given a second chance at life, and they just discovered that 26 years had passed and their son now has his own family.

It was a lot to take in. They knew that over time they would adjust to this new life.

Early the next morning Harry woke up and got ready for work. He said goodbye to Ginny and left for the ministry.

Harry was an Auror, or as some might say, a wizard cop. Harry wasn't just an ordinary Auror either. Harry was Head of the Auror department. Yes. Harry is the chief wizard cop.

Something was on Harry's mind that morning. The sun hadn't even risen yet and he just couldn't put his mind at ease.

The first thing Harry did that morning was go straight down to the Department of Mysteries.

Harry hated going to the Department of Mysteries. If there was ever a way he could avoid going when ever he was told to visit, he would take it in a heartbeat.

But he knew there was only one way to get his mind to relax. He had to check. He just needed to see for himself.

He travelled through the halls. Making his way through every painful room until, he reached his destination.

Harry stepped into a large room with a giant, eerie archway.

The Death Chamber.

He came to the disappointing conclusion that he was alone. Completely and totally alone. There was no one else but him.

Harry sighed. He turned around and left the chamber. Deep down he believed that this wasn't the end of it. He knew this wasn't a definitive answer. Anything could happen. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it never will.

Harry knew exactly who he needed to talk to. He made his way back through the ministry once again. When he finally reached a large office, he knocked on the door.

"Come in." called a voice from inside the room.

Inside the office was a large desk. At the desk sat Kingsley Shacklebolt.

"Ah! Harry, what a surprise!" said Kingsley. Harry stepped up to Kingsley's desk. He looked a bit nervous.

"Yes. Sorry about that, Minister." Harry apologized.

"Oh! it's alright, Harry. Anyways, what do you need?" asked Kingsley.

Harry sighed. He wasn't sure how to ask for what he wanted.

"Minister. I'd like you to increase the surveillance in the Death Chamber." Harry asked suddenly.

Kingsley gave Harry a confused look.

"Why?" Kingsley questioned him.

Harry sat down in a chair on the other side of the desk and leaned in a bit closer to Kingsley.

"Minister. This is going to sound absolutely ridiculous and you probably aren't going to believe me." Harry began.

"Harry, what are you on about?" asked Kingsley.

"Last night my parents somehow returned from the dead and I have a feeling that they won't be the only ones to do so." Harry explained in a slightly frantic tone.

Kingsley opened his mouth to speak, but just before a single sound came out Harry continued, "Before you even say it. It's possible. I even checked with the Veritaserum I had on me. I did every possible thing I could to verify their identities."

"And you think Sirius Black may or may not show up in the Department of Mysteries?" asked Kingsley.

Harry's jaw dropped. Kingsley alredy knew what Harry was getting at. Harry had a feeling his Godfather could possibly show up in the ministry.

Harry nodded slowly. Kingsley smiled.

"And- And if he shows up, I want him sent to my office immediately." Harry told the Minister.

Kingsley chuckled. He knew Harry cared about his family a lot. It was super sweet.

Kingsley nodded and gave Harry a smile.

"Alright. I approve your request. You can send a few Aurors to the Death Chamber to watch out for anyone who might shows up."

"Thank you, Kingsley." said Harry with the biggest smile across his face. He was very happy.

Harry had high hopes Sirius would return. In his mind, It was only a matter of time.