can't hurry love

it's been nearly two years since you got out of a toxic relationship. the signs were right in front of you. dealing with him made you ready to give up on love.

it never seemed to work out no matter how hard you tried to help him change for the better

he got on your nerves, he lied to you, and every chance he got he was quick to make a fool out of you. he was no good but you ignored the signs.

once you got out of that relationship your best friends were fast to get you back on your feet, they even officially let you join their team. they'd always joke that you were the secret member since you've all always been friends and made content together.

the day you texted the groupchat that it was over for good, ryan was the first to text you to get out of the house you lived with your ex and to book a flight to live with them which you were extremely thankful for.

before dating your ex you'd always make jokes that you were going to move in without their permission and they'd always say that you could move in whenever you wanted. now you didn't have to feel bad about moving in without their official approval

you booked your flight and that same day that you left your ex was the day you moved in.

you'd streamed, make content together almost daily, and loads of other fun stuff that you missed. moving with them made you feel alive again.

in the back of your mind, we're thoughts about wanting to find a fling to help you forget about your ex. but you didn't want a fling because they never stayed flings no matter how hard you tried.

you knew that it was too soon, to take your time. you knew there was someone for you, and that they could be looking for you now.

you laid low and took everything slowly because there was no rush, you reminded yourself that you can't and shouldn't hurry love.

fitz was the one person in the group that you knew the longest. he was also the first to tell you to get out of your toxic relationship but you ignored him. he'd always fly to the states as soon as he could and stay in a hotel whenever you needed someone to comfort you.

but that was two years ago, now your life has changed for the better.

-

you sat in your room watching something on netflix with cameron and decided that it was time to confess how you were feeling "cameron..." you paused, once you got his full attention

he bent his head to look at you "hm?" you fiddled with your fingers worried for what his reaction would be but went for it anyways "i have feelings you."

a small smirk appeared on his face "i have feelings for you too y/n."

you let out a sigh once you heard his words

"i'm worried that you're still hurting..." he spoke as he played with your hair "these past two years that you've been single, i know- everyone at the house knows that you've been working on yourself. making better pay, making content that you actually enjoy, and your following has been gaining."

you were nervous, unsure of where he was going and if he was going to turn you down. he caressed your cheek, kissed your forehead, and went on "i'm proud of you..."

your cheeks turned red at his words. it's true, you've been working hard these two years, you didn't let anyone stop you from doing what you wanted. at points you did things on your own, not allowing for anyone to help you.

you didn't want or need any help.

but that didn't stop you from allowing feelings for cameron to develop. you were attracted to him before your ex but now that you lived in the misfits house and cam would always come over, those feelings grew.

although you were using those two years to focus on yourself, being a boss, and not needing anyone. you didn't let that come between you and fitz constantly flirting.

he continued talking as he fixed the strings of the hoodie that you were wearing which you've stolen from him "if you're not ready for a relationship i want you to tell me, okay?"

"i am ready," you say quickly

he stared at you not knowing if he should believe you or not. you rolled your eyes "cameron, i promise i am. it's been two years, i'm ready." he proceeded to play with the strings of the hoodie so you slapped his hands away

"ow!" he whined

"listen to me, i know i've been through a lot in the past... things that i don't ever want to experience again. you truly make everything feel different," you beamed

you moved your hand to meet his and lightly held it "i'll never forget when we'd go out to eat and joke about calling it a date even though they did feel like dates. i was and still am always happy to see you."

he interlocked your fingers as you kept talking "my heart skips beats and i get all nervous, it's almost like i literally have butterflies fluttering in my stomach."

you looked at him in the eyes "i promise, i am ready."

a smile appears on his face "i've always had and still get butterflies whenever i see you, even before you got with your ex. when i found out you were together i was upset because i wanted you to be with me."

he kissed your hand and leaned in close teasing you "now i finally get the chance to do that. i'm not going to be an idiot and mess it up either."

you closed your eyes once you felt his lips on yours.

finally, you got something you've been craving for since you became friends with him.

you never wanted it to end.

"finally!" a deep voice clapped excitedly

you broke the kiss to see swagger and the rest of the group standing at your door watching "about time you told her you liked her. y/n, you wouldn't believe how much this guy would talk about you." ryan let out as he walked in

mason threw himself on your bed and soon enough everyone else plopped themselves somewhere in your room and watched a movie

he smiled softly as you leaned in to cuddle him

"i believe you," he whispered