Blair raised an amused eyebrow, "Aren't I?"

"Wha —" Before he could even finish his words, Blair pressed her lips to his. The action caught him by surprise, but it didn't take him long to lower his guard, kissing her back.

Once he was completely relaxed, Blair flipped him over, pinning him down on the mat with a satisfied smirk, "I think I'm completely on top of the game."

"If the game is me, I agree." Jason grinned. "One hundred percent."

Blair laughed, kissing him again. Somehow, the stress of everything she was under just disappeared when he smiled. When she kissed him, it might as well have just been the two of them alone in the world for all she cared. Everything else could wait. She wanted to stay in this little bubble with him forever.

"Oh come on," River's exasperated voice came from above them as he entered the cave. "Get a room!"

They broke apart, both looking up to see him walking down the stairs with a hand over his eyes dramatically. Blair rolled her eyes, half expecting him to trip over his feet and fall down the stairs. "We have a room, you're in it. You know, seeing as we live here and you don't."

Jason laughed, still laying on the ground with Blair on top of him. River peeked through his fingers, shaking his head when he saw Blair flicking him off with an innocent smile, "I don't get paid enough for this shit."

"You're getting paid?" Jason exclaimed in disbelief.

"Well, yeah." River shrugged, skipping the last two steps on the stairs before dropping his backpack by the computers and plopping himself in the chair. "Cleaning up after three vigilantes all night long and hacking into federal databases is a lot of work."

"We don't get paid." Jason looked up at Blair. "Why don't we get paid?"

Blair bit her lip to keep from laughing, which only made him want to kiss her again. Finally, she spoke up, unable to keep the laughter out of her voice, "Jason, you get an allowance."

"And I'm on the 'Wayne Internship' so my brother doesn't think I'm doing something sketchy with my time." River explained, making air quotes around the words "Wayne Internship" with his fingers.

Jason furrowed his brows in confusion, "Since when do interns get paid?"

"Since I told Bruce that unpaid internships perpetuate a system of free labor that could be compared to slavery when I was thirteen." Blair shrugged, standing up and pulling him off the ground with her. She never understood why unpaid internships were a thing.

When she first heard about them, she had immediately called Bruce to ask if he paid his interns. At the time, he wasn't, but after an hour long debate in which she promised to make a PowerPoint about the advantages of paying interns, that quickly changed. Bruce said she had a business brain, but Blair only cared about the people putting in so much time and effort for "experience" without the pay.

River nodded, "Wayne Enterprises is one of the only corporations that pays their interns fifteen dollars an hour."

Jason blinked, glancing back and forth between them, "You're getting paid fifteen an hour to sit at the computer all night and put a bandaid on someone's cut?"