V

"you'll never have me again (i don't think so)
stop your obsession."

- EXO, OBSESSION.

_________________________

after her encounter with the boyz, y/n walked back to class with eric and sunwoo on either side of her.

"can i ask something?" she spoke up, glancing at eric.

"go ahead," sunwoo urged, looking straight.

y/n hesitated before speaking. "why did you... choose me?"

both of the boys went silent at her question until eric cleared his throat.

"well, there isn't a specific reason, actually," he confessed, looking down. "but... ah, i heard eunbin talking about hyunjae hyung and you and well, i guess i overheard you both?"

y/n looked at eric and made a face. "you eavesdropped."

sunwoo pulled in his lips. "just eric. i'm not included."

eric's head suddenly shot up, looking at sunwoo with wide disbelieving eyes. "wah, now you're tipping the blame on me?" eric chuckled in incredulity. then, he turned to her. "i swear, he was the one who suggested it. do you want to hear the reason he gave me?"

y/n side-eyed sunwoo as she nodded.

"eric." sunwoo called out in a warning voice. however, eric paid him no mind as he proudly raised his head and began talking.

"sunwoo told me that you were pretty so there wouldn't be a problem if we spied on you." eric smiled triumphantly at the end of his sentence.

"eric you little fuc—"

"he said that... i was pretty?" y/n questioned, eyes wide in surprise. eric nodded with a naughty smile on his face.

she turned to sunwoo next. "you said i'm pretty?" she could see that he had trouble answering that question as he kept his eyes firmly on eric, his ears almost the same color as his hair.

"okay, forget about that then," y/n waved her hand in dismissal. "But doesn't eavesdropping on a pretty person make matters even more serious?"

sunwoo sighed and rolled his eyes. "i'm going to class." just as he turned around, she pulled on the strap of his bag, catching him by surprise. sunwoo let out a yelp as he stood in his previous position.

trying not to smile, y/n folded her arms across her chest. "but is that it? i'm sure that's not the only reason."

"well, as i said before, eunbin was talking about you and hyunjae hyung. And i think i heard the word 'crush' somewhere but i don't exactly remember where." eric made a thinking face, watching her slyly from the corner of his eyes.

y/n sighed in exasperation. "forget it." and she began walking.

"hey! we're not done!" eric and sunwoo yelled after her, their mischievous laughter echoing around the hallway shortly after.

. . .

"how're you feeling, babyboy?" heeyoung asked, patting hyunjae's hair.

hyunjae couldn't reply. his throat was as dry as a desert.

the doctor (aka sunwoo's mother) had given strict instructions to heeyoung about keeping him hydrated and giving his food on time. however, as soon as she left, heeyoung threw the medicine-prescribed paper in the kitchen and walked to the room to rest beside hyunjae.

he had asked several times for a glass of water, but everytime heeyoung lend a deaf ear to his pleas.

hyunjae shook his head instead. heeyoung's eyes darkened.

"i didn't like the way those women were touching you," she whispered, tracing her point finger down hyunjae's face. "they made me so angry. i wanted to slice off their hands and feed it to my dog. should i do that, babyboy?"

hyunjae's wide eyes showed he was horrified, and he quickly shook his head at heeyoung's question. heeyoung's darkened eyes became darker.

"why? do you like them? is that why you don't want me to hurt them?" she asked, grabbing his chin in her hands. hyunjae closed his eyes and shook his head again.

"why aren't you talking?!" she yelled at him, enraged. hyunjae's eyes widened and he weakly pointed to his throat.

"w-wat-ter." he managed to rasp out. heeyoung put up a surprised face.

"oh! i'll get it for you, just a minute," heeyoung smiled before walking out of the room. hyunjae sighed, wishing that someone would come and save him.

heeyoung walked in after a few minutes, holding a plastic cup in her hands. "here, drink up."

hyunjae looked at her blankly, asking for help, but heeyoung kept the cup on the bedside table before walking out of the room, slamming the door shut.

he couldn't believe it.

with so much effort, hyunjae sat up, tears almost escaping his eyes. weakly, he reached out and took the cup, pouring the water into his mouth.

he would rather die than live with her.

hyunjae swallowed and looked at the wires attached to the medication stand next to the bed.

should i just die?

he asked himself.

hyunjae looked down and sighed.

he couldn't.

. . .

word count: 812.
edited.