Surprisingly, Mark felt hardly any pain.

"You can thank me later," The shadow said, proudly.

Mark's father was about to punch him once again but his mother grabbed her glass from the table and threw it at the same wall the plate was smashed, making them both freeze.

"Let go of our son, Gary!" His mother yelled.

Mark's father looked shocked from her sudden ordering, but quickly snapped out of it and looked at him. He looked at the left arm his father was holding tightly with his nails digging into his skin painfully, and then looked up with a glare. Quickly letting him go, he father looked up at his mother, confused.

"And go to your room, Mark!" His mother yelled, pointing a trembling finger at the hallway that lead to his room.

"Fine," Mark said, storming out of the room how his father would, not really in the mood to loose another tooth.

Angry, Mark slammed his bedroom door shut as loud as he could, hoping they could hear how he felt at the moment. Dumping himself on his bed like he always did after every school day, he stared at the roof of his room with the same glare still clear on his face through the darkness of his room.

Fucken bastard, Mark thought, angrily.

"I completely agree," The shadow said, happily.

"Shut it," Mark snapped as he sat up and stared at his hands, feeling all his rage run through his veins.

"Never!" It respond, staying in place at his closed door.

"Why?" Mark asked with a small tone after a long moment passed of silence.

"Hm?" It said, clearly lost in it's own thoughts.

"Why me?" He asked.

It didn't say anything as it stood more still than usual.

"Why the fuck did you fucken choose me!" Mark raised his voice to a loud yell as he stood up from his bed, glaring angrily at the shadow.

"Choose? There was no damn choosing involved!" The shadow answered with a frustrated tone in it's voice.

"What do you mean?" Mark asked, sightly surprised it was finally giving him extra detail of it's existence.

"I was always with you," The shadow answered, it's tone softening. "Since the day I showed myself to you and since the day you were born. I have never left you."

"Huh?" Mark stared at the shadow, unsure how to react to what it had said.

So it's part of me? Mark wondered, feeling slightly dizzy from his discovery.

"That's it! I don't want to reveal anymore!" The shadow yelled, turning around as it crossed it's arms.

"No! You will fucken reveal more or I will...um..." Mark trailed off, knowing that there was no way to destroy the shadow.

The shadow laughed, angering him.

"Will you stop laughing!" Mark yelled at the shadow.

"Why? What's wrong with me laughing?" It asked, turning around.

"Because it's so fucken irrigating!" He answered with a yell, covering his ears with his hands as it continued to laugh.

"Why would the heck would laughing be irritating?" It snorted, it's laugh becoming slightly disoriented.