Chapter 3

I walked into Algebra 2, feeling my face flush deep crimson and hearing my teacher Ms. B snicker when she seen me blush. I march to my seat in the front corner and place my book on my desk. I plop down and the rush of late kids come into the room, filling it with their pollution of excuses.

The lesson drags on for what seems like forever and I just put my head down, blocking Ms. B out and filling my head with thoughts of Josh and what the hell is happening. I mean, what can he see in me? I’m just the outspoken, outcast twin of the most popular cheerleader in the school with auburn scene hair, light makeup, green eyes and actually one of the few who doesn’t really give a rat’s ass about school spirit, yet I’m on the track and volleyball team. I’m an outcast to them as well, even though I’m their best player.

The only reason I’m the outcast is because of the way I look. It’s bullshit because I’m the same as everyone else in this hell hole of a place called school, but I have scene hair and I don’t look like a damn raccoon when I apply makeup. I wear a variety of things, and they don’t appreciate that I am myself and not some freakin’ blonde fake clone.

I wake up from my daydream to the bell ringing and I grab my purse and textbook and head to advisory when I see my stalker, which is Josh's best friend, rounding the corner and catching my eye. He’s liked me since freshman year and has asked me out like six times. 

"Brielle! Wait up!" I heard Jack yell before I could make my escape from the math department. Damn. "Hey, Jack, what ya need? I'm kinda in a hurry-" Jack covered my mouth with his hand and said, "Brielle, I heard that you were going out with my bro, Josh. Don't break his heart, okay? I already know he has liked you for like, forever. Don't get me wrong, I like you still, but I ain't gonna go after my bro's old lady, no offense. But I have to do this-" He pulled his hand away from my mouth and leaned in for what looked like a kiss, and pulled me into his arms and crushing my lips with his.

All of a sudden, Josh pulled him off me, and punched him in the face. "What the hell, Jack? I thought you were my best friend?? Yet, you still throw yourself at Brielle when she obviously has NO feelings towards you." "Bro, I-" "Jack, save it for someone who really gives a rat's ass. You just ruined our friendship and I soo CANNOT trust you at all. You violated my best friend who happens to be my girlfriend. Now do not come within six yards of her or you will be sorry. Do not talk to me again either." Josh pulled me into his arms and we walked to advisory, knowing we're going to be late for it, we decide to skip it and instead walk into our locker bay and I cry into his shoulder, confused of what just happened. 

Josh stood there, holding me and letting me cry out my feelings. I was able to stop crying and said, "Shit. My makeups all smeared. I gotta go to the bathroom." I walked to the nearest bathroom and walked into the girl's restroom and reapplied all the makeup that ran. I finish up and walk out, running into Josh drinking at the water fountain, spilling some water on him. "I'm so sorry, Josh-" "Bri, it's okay. It's only a little water. It'll dry up," He said as he smiled that big and perfect smile, "Let's go to class."

He said as he held out his hand and I didn't take it. He cocked his head to the side and I said, "Babe, I'm going home. I'm not going to go through with the rest of the day with all that in my head. I need to think at home." "Do you want me to come with you?" I shook my head, "No, someone has to notify me of the homework I missed, right?" I smiled sheepishly and pulled my saggy beanie out from my bag and slipped it on my head. Josh kissed my forehead and said, "Text me when you get home. I'll miss you."

I left the school and hurriedly ran through the student parking lot and headed to my car. I sat in my car for a moment and started it, eventually taking off. I drove home singing along to "Lasso" by Phoenix. I pulled into my driveway and ran to the backdoor and opened the door. I went inside and locked the door behind me. I slipped off my shoes and dropped my bag off into my room.

I flopped onto my bed, thinking for what seemed like hours, but really was only around 15 minutes. I received a text, probably from a worried Josh. I flipped my phone out from my pocket and sure enough, it was Josh saying, "Where are you? You should be home by now.." I texted back with a "I'm home, just been laying on my bed thinkin. Get back to work slacker:p" I got up from my bed, slipped my earbuds into my ears and turned on some music. I slipped into shorts and a baggy tee and started to clean a little bit since I came home early yet again. "Suffocated" by Orianthi came on and I started singing along to it. I wasn't paying any attention and jumped when I felt a pair of arms wrapping around my waist. 

-------------Author's Note--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I do realize the chapters do keep getting shorter and shorter, but this chapter was just done last minute. I haven't been writing this one for a while. I will keep writing though! :D