10. Shoot me and you're dead

"Pearl!" a male voice shouted and I looked up to see Josh running toward me.

   "Pearl! Are you alright? What happened to you?!" he lifted me off the floor and took me into his embrace. I felt the warmth of his body through my soaked clothes, which made my shivering die down a bit.

   "You're ice cold!" he started taking me somewhere below with hurried steps. Soon we met up with Sam who was apparently coming after Josh because he stormed off. He probably heard my screams and was the only one who decided to check them out.

   He brought me to a room where everyone beside Matt and Jess was standing. They all looked lretty beat up, but none of them matched my injuries.

    The happiness I felt after knowing they were alive was extraordinary. They all gasped in shock when they saw me.

   "I-is that P-Pearl?" Ashley cried. Chris' head shot toward me and despite looking like he could barely walk, he came and hugged me.

   "Holy fuck... she's soaked! We have to get her some new clothes!" the goofball told everyone, then whispered "I thought you were dead..."

    Everyone started shuffling around without a word, probably looking after some clothes I could wear.

    "Guys, I have a pair of leggings in my bag!" Sam shouted.

   "I-I still have her jacket!" Josh quickly took out a purple piece of clothing.

    "Great...does anyone have a shirt or something?" Emily asked. Josh was quick to respond. "I could give her the shirt I'm wearing, I have another one under anyway!"

    Chris was still looking around for something. "We still need to warm her up with a fire or something, though..." he said worriedly.

   "I...have a lighter..." I coughed, remembering my sister giving it to me after lighting up a cigar for herself.

   "That won't be enough..." Mike intervened.

   Sam came with a brilliant idea "What if we bring one of those metalic barrels and we light a fire in them?"

   "Yes, let's get a move on!" Mike replied and they went on their mission. I was still in Josh's arms, shivering like crazy.

   "Alright" he gently said to me "I'll have to put you down in order to give you my shirt."

   I nodded, letting go of him as he placed me on the floor. The stone cold floor.

   "Pearl, we'll have to undress you to get you into dry clothes..." Emily crouched down in front of me, soon followed by Ashley who was holding my new clothes. Josh quickly gave her his shirt, too.

   "Come on, boys, turn away!" Emily shouted at them and they quickly went into a corner. The power of this woman amazed me.

    The cold air hit my bare skin like a truck, especially since I was wet. The girls gently put me into Joshua's shirt which was hella oversized, but it was still warm to the touch. Next came my jacket which made me let out a breath of relief. I know I've been through a lot, but if the wendigo's weren't going to kill me, my parents were. My mom would have my head on the fridge as display if I would've lost my jacket.

    Both Emily and Ashley started pulling my pants off until the red head gasped. "Wh-what is that?" she pointed at my wound on my leg.

    "Th-that thing b-bit me..." I gave her a simple answer and she took some steps back. Emily gave her a confused look.

   "W-what if you'll turn into one of them?!" Ash cried. Her voice was so loud it got the boys to turn around.

   "What are you guys talking about?" Chris asked worried. I was too exhausted to feel embarrassed about them seeing me in my underwear at this point. I've been through so much more traumatizing shit that this was not worth complaining over for.