Heartbeat

Prompt: Imagine Person A of your OTP taking a fatal blow from Person B, yet instead of having a dramatic death scene play out, Person A is dead before they hit the ground.

I had too, I’m sorry.

"Anthony, please just calm down," Steven begged, shakily reaching a hand out and placing it on the others shoulder, tenderly. 

"Don’t fucking touch me!" Anthony screaming, furiously turning around and slapping the young man’s hand off of him, enough to make his shoulder hurt and leave a large red splotch on his forearm. 

"Stop!" Steven cried out, raising his hand in hopes to maybe knock some sense into him, but before his hand could even reach the other, Anthony’s large palms pressed against his chest, pushing him back forcefully, making the other yelp out, stumbling on the back of his heels a few steps, before his body finally began to fall to the hard kitchen floor. But before it was able to reach it, a loud crack and bang rang out through the kitchen. 

A sharp breath was taken from Steven before his eyes rolled back and his limbs went limp, his neck bending in an awkward way, slamming against the granite kitchen counter.

Anthony’s body goes even more rigid then before, eye wide and mouth slightly parted and disbelief. He watches the scene play out, the stumbling, the fall, the crash, the crack, the last breath, and his body fell, finally to the kitchen floor. 

"Steven?" He whispered quietly, inching towards the unmoving body lying before him. "Ze, please, are you okay? I’m sorry I didn’t mean to push you I just- please respond."

His heart was beating out of control as he kneed beside his friend, placing a hand on his wrist, flinching back when his usual warmth was already beginning to fade and the beat he had become accustom to was no longer there. “Oh my god,” He sobbed out, leaning over Steven, heartbroken. “I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry.”

Two heartbeats turn to one.