What Awaits Them: One-Shot

Full disclosure everyone, this is a limited chapter because the characters that this fic centers around are fan characters so depending on the people who read this, it's either I take it down or keep this here after 5 days.

So please, keep in mind that I do not plan to put this chapter up for a while and I will take it down after 5 days. But if the reads are high enough, which will depend on my personal judgment, I will let this one-shot remain here.

Nuff said, enjoy!

___________________

Vinnie knows full well he wasn't the type to reveal something like a secret that easily, she gets that already and doesn't need to hear it twice, though that truth does sting a little, doesn't it?

She wasn't his friend for the mask he wears every day, however, as she cares to have others to be friends with to be more open and honest. Vinnie wasn't gonna lie to herself and say that it's easy to find people who are just that if she's in a place like Hell, too bad she's born there in the first place. Most of her friends are Hell-born. And all are on equal standing with her, never wanting to lie and says the truth. She did the same. She wasn't gonna expect the same thing from him though, as much as she wants him to say something, from the bottom of his heart. But she knew better. This is Robin she's talking about.

Robin the infamous Time Demon, who was known to slaughter those who oppose his goals and ideals, the demons making fun of him are practically just made to be targeted for Robin to playfully use, for kicks and giggles. That was the kind of person Robin is, arrogant, psychotic, and charismatic. He had all the qualities to be an Overlord, and he is one, though it didn't surprise Vinnie when he made the news multiple times through his malicious deeds. A scoff and an eye roll pretty much sum up what her reaction is of his accomplishments, she expected that so obviously she knew it from the start. Sometimes she wishes she can act genuinely surprised of the things Robin does, but at this point, even if he acts incredibly unpredictable, he became predictable in her eyes.

Does she care? Well, yes, and no. For the yes part, she feels the least bit proud of herself. It's ridiculous to think of at first, but that's what she truly felt if that's anything to go on. She must help but feel that kind of sense of accomplishment, like she had just won an award and received a price, or found a rare cheat code for a game in an arcade, it was something like that. Just thinking about it makes her wanna chuckle in victory, also like she was 7 years old again. For the no part? Well... She just wishes that he can make her feel the rush of shock through her veins, that's what intrigued her about him in the first place, wasn't it? Again, it was a ridiculous feeling to go with, but no matter how many times Vinnie tries to deny this, it was the absolute truth. She can't exactly lie to herself like that and say that she only happen to become friends with Robin because of their intertwined lives with their families and friends.

She wishes it was just that. But it wasn't.

When did it first start? The strong urge to pull him in a hug? The annoying pain in her chest that wouldn't go away whenever she sees him crying? This wasn't unexplainable, Vinnie is aware of that, then what can she do to get rid of it? It's not like she did something wrong to him, nor did they have a fight and went on with a disagreement with each other. They had their fights here and there, and all of them never ends with either party crying their eyes out. Both know that they are strong in front of the other, and indisputable fact, but also a hurtful one. It practically spelled it out for them, they always try to put up a front to appear strong in front of each other. So how the hell can they truly comfort the other?

For a long time, this never bothered Vinnie as much as it does now, it's almost funny actually. She, a top informant in Hell's underground syndicate, who was known to know her way around the hotshots of Hell and can tell when she can strike. It what makes her a tough opinion to beat, especially if she had the Mutant Spider Demon with her, who acts as her right-hand man even though he normally does things alone. Back then when she declares something, it stuck, she doesn't go back on her word to put it simply. But then why? Vinnie already said she wouldn't get close to Robin, and then next few months they're hanging out now like they're good friends or something. It obviously made Vinnie distraught when she realized that, but of course, like Robin, she couldn't bring herself to say anything to him.