Chapter 3

"Sky?"

Poke.

"Sky?"

Poke.

"Sky?"

Stab.

"Ow! What the hell?!" I yelled, rubbing my side. "What was that for?"

"You were ignoring me," Kevin said a-matter-of-factly.

"I was playing Temple Run! I was so close to a million!" I said, throwing an eraser at him. I've been trying to get this game to a million, but I always get a distraction and make the guy crash into a stuid tree. I turned in my seat looking questionly at my friend, Kevin. "What?"

"I forgot." He shrugged. I slapped his arm and scowled at him. He just looked at me amusedly and chuckled. "You're so cute, Sky."

"Shut up." I muttered. Just then, the bell rang signaling the end of lunch. I quickly got up and threw away the apple I was eating. Quickly, I headed into my next class, English. I groaned internally, I hated the teacher. She was so damn strict and expected everyone to know the answer to everything. I was so deep in thought, when all of a sudden I crashed into something-- or rather, someone. I looked up into a pair of emerald green eyes and immediately recognized them. Matthew. The one guy I loved, and that broke my heart the end of last year. "Sorry 'bout that. Wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I muttered. Quickly, I side stepped him and continued on my way back to class without sparing him a glance.

"Everyone open up your books to page 345 and start reading. I want everyone quiet or I will throw your backpack outside and you will not retrieve it until the end of the day. Understood?" she said in that strict voice of hers.

"Yes Ms. Johnson." the whole class answered boredly. I opened my book and started reading and my eyes started feeling heavier and heavier. Suddenly, I blacked out.

"Sky," someone whispered loudly. "Sky, Sky, wake up!" I groaned and reluctantly open my eyes. Staring back at me were a pair of hazel eyes and I sat up quickly, surprised at the closeness. I rubbed my eyes and sleepily answered, "What?"

"The period's almost over. Thought I'd wake you up before Ms. Grouchy throws your backpack outside."

"Ugh, you're right, thanks Kevin." I sleepily smiled at him. It might've been my imagination, but I was sure I saw his cheeks turning pink. I shrugged it off thinking it was just my drowsiness and the bell finally rang. I closed my book, put away all my pens, and slung my backpack over my shoulder. 6th period was the worse period ever. P.E. How I hate it, but our teacher Mr. Rumble is hilarious. Surprisingly, sixth period passed faster than usual and I was glad since I hadn't really had much sleep last night. All I wanted to do was get home and sleep until the end of the year. We quickly went into the changing rooms and got out of our P.E. uniform. The dismissing bell finally rang and I walked to the front doors waiting for Dani. Once I spotted her, I hurried towards her and slung my arm over her shoulders. "Hallo there food whore." I said to her.

"Hello to you too, Chica!" she laughed. I smiled and we started walking towards my house.