Alexander Hamilton

So one day she set off to the Hamilton residence. Once she arrived at the Hamilton residence she was greeted by the one and only Alexander Hamilton. She told Mr.Hamilton about her troubles and how she wanted to divorce James. Do keep in mind that Maria was 23 when the affair star while Mr.Hamilton was 34. Mr.Hamilton offered her 30 dollars for her and her daughter and other necessities. Then he walked her home. Now keep in mind that through her 10 year marriage most men she had come in contact with were disgusting pigs only wanting her for sex in turn to forgiving James' gambling debts. Maria only knew 1 way how to truly thank people for repaying their debts so she gave herself to him. Instead of rejecting her or telling her thats not how you thank people and helping her he took advantage of her. When James came back from his abandonment of Maria and Susan he exploited Hamilton and Maria to get more money for himself. People argue that he used the money for Maria and Susan but I disagree because he could easily have used Maria paintings as a source of income or not used his money on gambling and sex workers. He continued to exploit Hamilton until Hamilton stoped paying and released The Reynolds Pamphlet telling the world of his adultery with him as the victim.