A slow clap resonated through the room, bouncing against the walls and ruining Brooke's sense of direction. Another one followed until they were a chorus of claps.

"What the-" Aveline whispered lowly, turning in Brooke's direction. The direct location where the mocking clapping was happening.

Brooke didn't want to look behind her, fear crawling into her veins. Goosebumps were rising on her arms. She tried to take a few steps forward to ease the fear. A hand against her arms stopped. The touch merely sent chills through Brooke's bones.

"How are ya' partner?" She whispered to the man behind her, venom lacing her tone.

"I'm doing dandy," Jett answered, his voice shaking throughout the house.

"Nice to see you again, Jett," Aveline replied as calmly as possible. Her eyes were glued shut, her hands clenched tightly.

"The sarcasm is just wonderful." He grinned playfully, his mischievous blue eyes twinkling in the dark of the house. The way is whole demeanor changed within half a hour or so made Brooke shiver in fear.

He breathed a low chuckle in her hair.

Aveline's light blue eyes opened to Jett's grinning ones.

Brooke bristled at the color that always seem to be haunting her. Blue used to be her favorite color because the man she loved had the same color. Now, it's just a constant reminder of who betrayed her.

"Well, sarcasm is one of my best qualities," Aveline replied snarkily, regret covering her features almost instantly.

In a matter of seconds, his playful facade was gone. It returned to that stone cold look Brooke had grown used to seeing in the span of a day or two.

"Look, you're going to listen to Jett, or you'll regret it. Do you understand?" He scowled and tightened is already tight grip on Brooke's bruising arm.

Brooke nodded, her throat dry and her head pounding as if she had a hangover. The stinging in her palm had subsided for the moment, not adding onto the pain Brooke was already feeling.

Aveline took a step forward. And then another. Until she was right in front of Jett and Brooke, failing at trying to unhinge the fierce grip. "Loosen your grip," she exclaimed.

"Listen to my orders and I will," he argued.

"Whatever, now let her go," was Aveline's reply. Brooke shook her head, warding off the throbbing in the back of her head.

Stupid people don't know how to treat woman. If you're going to kidnap me and not kill me, treat me better. I don't want equal, I want something at least better than the conditions we're in.

Jett's grin grew two times in size. "Good, I'll let her go when you follow me into the basement." He then proceeded to squeeze Brooke's arm, causing an involuntary whimper to arise from Brooke's cracked lips.

Jett chuckled darkly at her pain. "The door is through there and to the left. Time's a-waiting." He squeezed again.

"I've been through worse, you donkey. This is nothing," Brooke whispered, her dry throat protesting. Jett faltered him his step, the slight mistake a humorous thing in Brooke's eyes.

"Fine," Aveline replied, her head shooting up. Brooke watched her open a door and turn back around to face Jett. He moved his head to continue, moving ever so slowly.

She continued and Jett followed quickly behind, dragging Brooke behind him as he did so. She tripped and cursed as he tugged her, the pain flaring all around her.