“Or I will kill your boyfriend!”

“WHAT?” Laksh screamed and was all set to run away when Ragini opened the door shouting for Swara to stop. Laksh sighed with relief, patting his back mentally in appreciation for choosing the most perfect girl. She could even lay her life on line to save him!

Change of plans for Swara!

Leaving those two where they were, she headed straight for the kitchen. Furrowing his eyebrows, Laksh looked at Ragini who in turn just shrugged her shoulders and turned around to follow Swara into the house.

Rampaging through the cupboards, Swara kept murmuring something incoherently. Scrunching her nose at the plight of her kitchen, Ragini failed to keep it all to herself and blurted out, “What are you trying to find, Swara?”

“Knife!” she replied without giving her a glance, “Hah! Found it.” And the moment Ragini saw the small kitchen knife in her hand, she ran out of the kitchen and into the main hall. What in the world had her bubbleheaded boyfriend done to make Swara go all ninja upon them? Little did she realize that this storm was the aftereffects of the doings of both of them.

“Swara. Swara. Swara. What are you doing?” Laksh screamed at the top of his voice as Ragini came running towards him and managed to hide behind him effectively.

“This is knife and I am going to kill you both. And then tell everyone that you were cheating on each other and so, you killed one another out of rage. The plus point, even your mother is at the school right now, so, no witnesses. Perfect plan, you see! And don’t even dare to ask me why! You guys have ruined my life,” Swara blurted out in a breath swinging her knife towards them as if it was something obvious and Laksh jumped back.

Holding Ragini by her upper arm, he tried pulling her to the front in a feeble attempt to hide behind her. Ragini was horrorstruck! This person right here, claimed to love her and had dared to push her to the front in the time of adversity. She should definitely reconsider her decision of dating him!

Whacking his stomach with her elbow pretty hard, Ragini glowered at Laksh and he squirmed back like a scared kitten. He had convinced her once and could do that again, if he somehow managed to survive his friend. “Swara, I am your best friend. Are you really going to kill me?” Ragini tried to reason and Swara narrowed her eyes at her.

“And I am your childhood friend,” just when Ragini thought she could calm Swara down, Laksh blurted out from behind, piquing Swara all over again. “You are not my childhood friend. You are my childhood enemy. My mortal enemy. Have you forgotten that the first thing that I ever gifted you was a lizard?"

A dreading sense of nostalgia washed over Laksh making him shudder with terror and disgust. If there was anything that Laksh absolutely despised in his life, then it was the lizard. Every time those terrible, brown, blotched reptiles crawled on the walls, they sent chills down his spines. And the one Swara gifted him definitely topped the list. The moment it had landed on his palm, he could not move for a second, fearing a single movement from him would turn it into a dinosaur that would swallow him up like a candy. And then, the next moment, he freaked out. After screaming and running for what seemed like an eternity, wreaking havoc in his entire house, he realized that it was a fake one. And then what happened?

The mighty Laksh Dilsher Ahuja fainted at his own birthday party!

“Do not remind me of that day, Swara,” Laksh screamed still hiding behind Ragini and she rolled her eyes before turning her attention back at Swara. “But what actually happened that has made you so angry? And why do you keep chanting like a mantra that we have ruined your life?”