Chapter 20: White Dresses Of Horror

Start from the beginning

Mom turned to face me and she patted at the seat on the couch next to her. I pulled on Jason's hand and the both of us walked cautiously to her. The both of us sat down but because of my nervousness, I kept on fiddling with Jason's fingers. 

"Who is this young lad?" Mr Westwood looked annoyed at Jason. Mr Westwood had slightly greyed blonde hair and really light blue eyes. So Keith had his dad's looks. Jason straightened up his posture and folded his arms in a defensive way. 

"Oh don't mind Jason. He's just Alison's best friend. Let's talk more about the wedding." Wedding? Who was getting married here? "Alison, do you know why Mr Westwood is here with us today?" I just came back from Paris with my boyfriend, did she really expected me to know everything the minute I stepped through the door? 

"Of course the poor girl doesn't. She has the right to know what you two have been planning since day one." My father spoke with hatred in his voice as he looked at Mr Westwood. Jason and I looked at each other with confusion and I was sure that we were thinking the same thing. What was going on? 

Just at that moment, Mr Westwood called his son to sit. Keith had the same confused expression on his face as he sat down next to Jason. "Alison, I have known Mr Westwood for awhile now and we were thinking of having an arranged marriage for you and Keith. Before you say anything, I think it would be perfect! With Keith's money and your brains, it'll help the company!" I looked at mom with disbelief. I could feel Jason's grib tightened once again. 

"Mom, tell me you're joking. This is some sort of welcome home joke, right? Right, dad?" I looked at my dad when I didn't get any answer from mom. He looked at me with sad eyes and shook his head. "Mom, you can't do this! I have the rights to fall in love with whoever I want to! Who even has ideas of an arranged marriage anymore?!" I was starting to get angry. 

"Allie is right, Mrs Walker. You can't just decide who she will marry. And certainly not at the age of sixteen." I knew Jason was trying his best to not sound like my boyfriend here, but I also knew it was very hard for him. 

"But this has been decided since fourteen years ago!" Mr Westwood spoke up. 

"You have no rights to say that to Allie! She doesn't even know you fourteen years ago!" Jason stood up and was ready to punch the lights out of Mr Westwood. 

"Jay, Neil, take Jason out for a walk, would you?" mom gave Jason a dark look. Jay and Neil appeared at both sides of Jason and started dragging him out of the room. The more Jason fought against them, the more they apologize and held him tighter. I couldn't bear to watch them anymore so I excused myself from the room and ran off to my own room. 

But awaited me in my room was more terrible than the situation downstairs. Wedding dresses. Wedding dresses everywhere. Three of them on my bed, two of them on my study table and one hanging behind the door. There was a pink-colored note on my bed from mom. 'Have fun picking out a nice dress!' 

She wanted me to pick a nice dress? Fine. 

I wore a strapless one that reached the floor and looked at myself in the mirror. I hated it. I tore the bottom of the dress and seen it's torn reflection in the mirror. It wasn't enough. I wanted to take out all the feeling of betrayal from my own mother. I put on the second dress which had puffy sleeves and threw the first one on the ground. 

The second dress was ugly. Super ugly. I tore it's sleeve and took a scissor from my table. I closed my eyes and cut the bottom of the dress randomly. After I opened my eyes, I found the dress looking more terrible than before. It still wasn't enough. 

I repeated the same thing I did to the second dress to all the other dresses. By the time I've finished my 'work', I was sitting on the ground with the last torn dress on my body and the others on the ground, surrounding me. I wanted Jason with me. I didn't want to get marry to someone I wasn't in love with. 

The door creaked opened and I heard a gasp from my mother. She looked at me with disappointment before walking away with Mr Westwood who I heard was calling for more wedding dresses to be delivered. Dad came into my room last and sat down on the pool of torn wedding dresses with me. 

"I know about Jason, John told me." I nodded, starting to feel numb. 

"I just want you to know that I'm against what your mother is planning. I want you to find love, Alison." My dad said as he gave me a warm hug. I could feel the tears running down my cheek and onto my father's shirt. "Plus I think you look awesome in torn dresses." 

____________________________________________________

Before you go saying this is exactly like Ms Nerd and Mr Jock, I wanna tell you that the main characters won't be stopping any weddings! :) And actually, this book would be ending with a wedding. And no, it's not Alison and Jason's wedding. Have fun commenting and hating :) 

Oh how I love you guys :) xx