Chapter One : America's Favorite Game

I was cheering next to my friend Erica, in my Wolverines cheer uniform. It was the last minute of the game and if we got one field go we would tie. Matty got tackled his helmet being thrown off. I heard Erica gasp and I bit my lip. I looked over at my father on the far end standing next to the bleachers, he looked at me and smiled. Jed walked up next to him and waved, I did a head nod before cheering again with me team. 

Erica handed Matty his helmet telling him to be careful. I squezed my pom-poms tight hoping Matty pulls threw. I looked up at the clock to see thirty seconds on the clock. I noticed Matty try and make the same play over again, I rolled my eyes and huffed out. Growing up with all boys you learned sports fast and at this moment, I knew exactly what he was doing. 

"My brothers an idiot." I huffed to Erica, she laughed and smiled over at me. I heard the coach yell at my brother and I perked up a little seeing that he was getting in trouble for the stupid plays he was making. 

I saw Robert get pushed away by the coach and I saddened a little, he was just doing his job. He walked by me glumly, "Hey Robert." I ran over to him, but not before I heard Erica make lovey dovey noises and I threw my pom-pom at her. "Hey Ashy." Robery said hugging me calling me the nickname he made for me in the sandpit in Second grade. 

"Hey Robert you wanna go get something to eat after, we can bring Daryl and call it a party." I said smiling up at him. "Sure, We will wait for you by the car so you can change." He answered smiling down at me, that million dollar smile can make me melt. I've liked him ever since fourth grade when I found out what the butterfly's in my stomach was when I was around him. Daryl came up, "Who are we waiting for?" he said popcorn in him mouth falling out. Robert and I started cracking up laughing at the sight of our poor dear friend. "No Good! And that's the game! Clens 17 Wolverines 14!" I whipped around to see everyone leaving, " I'm gonna go change, meet you at your car." I smiled side hugging them and running off to the cheer area. 

"So you going out with Robert tonight?" Erica said sticking out her bottom lip in a flirty baby voice. I laughed at how funny she looked, "Shush! It's just as friends." I laughed out shaking my straight volumed hair. "Suuuuure Friends." Erica said going to her locker next to mine. "I swear Erica! Just friends, besides, I doubt he'd like me like that anyways." I said slipping my cheer uniform off, and threw on a black tank with a studded cross. "Him! Not like you! Please look at that body," she poked my stomach, "And that face!" she squeezed my cheeks and I swatted her off. "Oh shush! He's got so much going for him, and I have.... well.. nothing." I huffed pulling on my leggings and red and black checkered button up shirt.

"Please you two are going to fall in love, have a bunch of babies, name one Erica, and then die in eachothers arms." I looked up from pulling my grey socks on to give a, you've got to be kidding me look. She laughed and ruffled my hair, "And what about Matty huh? My future sister in law." I smirked at her pulling on my light leather brown combat boots with fur on the inside. She glarred at me and then we started laughing. I grabbed my light blue jean jacket and headed out of the locker room with her. 

"I'll see you later love." she said as we hugged and went our seprate ways. "Hey Erica!' I said stopping and turning around. She turned to me while opening her door. "If your feeling kinky make sure he wraps his winky." I winked at she, she glared and then we both burst out laughing. I waved as she got in her car and drove by me.

I hugged my jacket close to my as I walked toward Robert and Daryl seeing him leaning against Daryl's black sleek Audi. His dad was mayor so he got anything and everything he wanted. Robert had his jacket off and his hands in his pockets, I followed his arm up to see the slight indent of muscles. I looked down at my moving feet blushing.

I reached the boys and they smiled while we all piled into the car, me being shoved into the back. I looked down at my hands while the boys were in a deep conversation about Call of Duty. I pulled out my phone and was going threw my pictures, just goofy pictures of me and Robert when we get bored in class and other times. 

I felt the car come to a stop and I locked my phone putting it into my back pocket following the boys inside the neighborhood hang out. The boys ran to the bathroom claiming the game was so long and there bladders could only hold so much. I found us a booth and waved to Toni, Matty, Jed, and Erica. Erica made a kissy face at me and I just rolled my eyes sticking my tongue out. 

I ordered each of us a root bear and some burgers and fries. The boys made there way back praising me for ordering them food. We were laughing about anything and everything. Toni walked by stealing a fry and turned, "You guys wont miss these will you?" she said playfully. The boys eyes got wide and muttered no. I laughed at there faces and they turned and glared. 

At about 11:30 the lights turned off, the drunks cheering and the sobers making there way out. Jed had already left and Matty left with Erica. I jumped in Robert offering to take the back sense he was getting out second. We pulled up to the house to see my dad's squad car gone and the lights off, obviously. 

I got out and Robert got out to get in the front. He hugged me good bye and kissed my forehead, I blushed and headed up the stairs to the house, "Bye Ashy." Robert yelled before Daryl drove off. I made my way inside to see Jed on the couch laying looking at the ceiling, Matty must be in his room. Jed smiled as I made my way to the arm chair curling up in it. "How are you doing Jed?" I asked starting the conversation. We fell asleep talking. Me in the armchair curled up in Jed's blanket and Jed on the couch.