Chapter 4: Surprise missile attack

Such a pleasant dream

Such a pleasant dream... however, it didn't last long. Even if I've woken up a bit later these last few days, today I could hear loud knocking on my door. Something told me it was still very early in the morning.

I ran to the door, ignoring my sleepy appearance, and found Maria on the other side of the door. She must have been quite distressed judging from her expression. "Quick, Tomomi, help me wake the others and get them to the dining hall!" I didn't really have time for questions since she immediately ran to the next door, so I did the same and knocked on Fubuko's door as loud as I could. It took a minute or two, but the others were soon checking out the noise in the corridor. When Maria saw most of us were awake, she signaled to go and ran ahead.

Akihiro and some others were missing, but I soon found out why. He was holding Cho by force despite her screaming, and right next to them were Hide and Usashi wrestling on the ground. Why were they fighting?! Akihiro turned towards me when he saw me. "H-Help me hold her!" but Cho flailed even more intensely. "No! Let me go! I have to help Hide!"

"ALL OF YOU, STOP!" Ikiru issued an order in such a powerful voice the others froze

"ALL OF YOU, STOP!" Ikiru issued an order in such a powerful voice the others froze. After Sakari with Jin rushed to separate Hide and Usashi, the latter was backed into the corner and Akihiro could finally let Cho go.

"Will someone explain what happened?" Jin turned from Hide to Usashi.

She scoffed and crossed her arms. "I was lured out here and attacked."

"No way! We didn't attack you! If you only gave up the gun..." protested Hide.

"Ahem," Akihiro took the lead, "What happened was that I got thirsty and went here for a glass of water, but I walked right into this situation. Cho and Hide were trying to take away Usashi's gun, am I right?"

"Well, yeah! It's just... why should she be allowed to have a gun? She could kill any of us at any time!"

"And you could kill anyone at any time with a knife or a rope if you wanted." argued Usashi.

Jin thought for a moment. "So we're trying to decide if Usashi should keep her gun, right?"

"Well, it does seem dangerous to let someone keep it..." Maria joined the conversation. "O-On the other hand, I don't think Usashi would use it unless absolutely necessary..." She must have remembered how she saved her life a few days back.