➳ 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴

—1985–

Mike and Will's family had a deal to go on a vacation for Holly's birthday. Their families have been really close friends ever since Mike and Will became bestfriends in kindergarten.

It's currently the night before Holly's birthday, but they're already checked in their own rooms. The rest of the people are asleep, except Will.

He got up and quietly left their room. He wanted to go for a midnight walk—yes, midnight. It's 12:00 am.

The place is basically almost like a forest. Well, not like forest forest, but it has a lot of trees around—with mini houses that are considered as rooms, where tourists stay in.

Will decided to go to the garden where a lot of the trees are at. Since it's 12 in the middle of the night, obviously it'll be super cold out—plus there are trees around, which makes it ten times colder.

Will forgot to bring a sweater with him. He's only wearing a t-shirt and a pair of short shorts.

"Fuck it," he groaned. He sat on one of the benches and hugged himself. He's too lazy to go get a sweatshirt since their room is quite far from the garden.

Will stared at the dancing trees. He smiled at the sight. "Nature."

"Will?" he heard a familiar voice from behind.

He turned around and stood up. "Mike?"

Mike walked towards Will. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm out for a walk. What about you? It's like twelve and you're up,"

Mike sighed. "I can't sleep," he sat on the bench and patted the seat beside him—gesturing Will to sit down. "Mom and Nancy did nothing but to yell at each other at midnight! They won't let us sleep! It's Holly's birthday celebration later and they're on a fight? Ugh, they're getting into my nerves."

"What are they fighting about?" Will asked.

"Mom caught Nancy talking on the phone with your brother. I heard that Nancy was asking Jonathan to leave with her later at 3 am." Mike rolled his eyes.

"Oh no.." Will remembered something.

Mike looked at him. "Why?"

"Jonathan told me earlier to cover him up from Mom because he and Nancy are going to get their present for Holly!"

Mike frowned. "You know that's a joke, right?"

Will stared at him. "What?"

"No one on earth would be getting presents at 3 in the morning, Will! They could've gotten it the day before. They obviously have some stupid plan to escape." Mike shook his head.

Will pouted his lips and rested his back on the bench. He started to freeze even more, which made him hug himself and let go of his breath. Mike noticed.

"Are you alright?" Mike asked.

"Yeah, of course." Will lied.

"Will, I know when you lie."

Will sighed and looked at him. "I just.. I'm freezing. But it's okay, don't worry—" he stopped talking as he saw Mike taking off his sweater.

"What are you doing?" he asked. Mike ignored him and took off the sweater completely. He handed it to Will, but he didn't take it.

"Will, come on. Take it."

"Mike, I'm okay. I swear. Don't worry about me and put that back on or you'll freeze."

"I'd rather freeze than let you suffer." Mike snapped. "Come and get it. I don't mind." he forced him.

"Mike—"

"Please?" Mike pouted with the puppy eye effect.

Will chuckled softly, then grabbed the sweatshirt from Mike's hand. "You know I can't handle those eyes." he giggles and put the sweater on.

"Aww, Will the baby," Mike teased.

"Shut up," Will laughed.

While picking on each other, Mike saw a few flying green things behind Will.

"Will, look." Mike told him. Will turned around and his eyes twinkled.

"Fireflies."

As they stared at the flying fireflies, they noticed that more of them are appearing everywhere.

The two stood up and looked around with a smile attached on their faces.

"This looks so magical," Mike wrapped his left arm around Will's shoulders.

"It's beautiful," Will admired the view.

Will rested his head on Mike's shoulder. They watched the fireflies playing around the area, with the cold breeze touching their skins.