But i didn't.

I was too afraid of the answer that my mouth just spouted mean nonsense. She was with a man so i couldn't bring my self to ask about it, specially when he told me that he was her fiancee. I guess the deities could make every man on earth her fiancee except for me, huh?

I became Asher's personal doctor. I accepted it because of her, i wanted to avoid her so bad but i just couldn't bring my self to reject him. i couldn't bring my self to turn a blind eye when she's right there, within my reach.

"You're okay." I said once i saw him open his eyes. I had to head straight to their home when his secretary called me, telling me that he suddenly collapsed. The room was full of guards... not that i really cared though.

"Thanks, Doc." He said, smiling. He laughed at his foolishness— apparently, he mistook coffee for cocoa that's why he suddenly palpitated and soon passed out. "She's not here?" I asked, adjusting his IV. He looked at me, the side of his slips slowly rising. I don't know if i asked the right question, but i wanted to feed my curiosity. It's not wrong to ask about her right? Does he know that i was her fiancee's ex boyfriend?

Then he suddenly decided to tell me that he's not her fiancee. "I'm her older brother, half-brother." He casually said, as if joking about being her fiancee was funny at all. I wanted to inject him a needle when he was laughing so hard, good thing i didnt.

I was told that she was in Leyte at the moment, that's why she wasn't home. I was fine with it since i won't be able to see her... and she won't see me too and make that same painful expression again.

"Oppa! Jo wasseo. I'm here... kuya."

I just got out of the bathroom when she barged in, her face was covered in tears as she ran towards her brother. She looked really frantic.., did she come here straight from Leyte?

One moment she was crying terribly, the next thing she was fuming with anger. It's just like her to show so many emotions. That side of her will never changed.

Looks like she didn't notice my presence up until she turned around, i could see nervousness from her face. She was frozen. I somehow wanted to laugh at her, she looked cute. I saw how she was having her crisis on how she would approach me, a small smirk formed on my face-good thing i was facing the IV stand so no one was able to see it.

"Thank you for taking care of my brother." why are you talking to me with a smile when i can clearly see stains of tears on your cheeks? Why did you cry, love?

"You're still inlove with my sister aren't you?" i was surprised of the sudden question Asher blurted out. So he knows about us, huh? I didn't answer and instead sipped on my coffee. I had my right to remain silent.

"But can i ask a favor? you know, since were both guys and me also being her brother." I raised my brow, waiting for him to continue speaking. Elouise wasn't there, she was upstairs—she was in a foul mood earlier, i wonder why.

"Don't hurt my sister anymore." I wanted to laugh but i felt a sting on my chest. Was i really hurting her? Are the words i say inflict pain? I know that it did but i just couldn't do anything about it.

"Why did you become a doctor?"

It was so i could forget about you, dummy.

She begged me for a few times, she wanted to talk. I didn't. I couldn't bear seeing her cry and yet she did—numerous times. I told her painful things, i don't know why.