A Plan comes Together

Beginne am Anfang

Was this their boss's wife? Or perhaps a future wife?

Even the noblemen were curious to see who this supposed ice prince had chosen to pay such attention to. Information was a valuable resource and finding out an enemy's weakness was nigh priceless.

Under all the interested gazes, Xander's mood plummeted. While he liked talking with Qin Rong, he didn't want to cause trouble for the man so soon. His fae hated things like that and would doubtlessly run away if he knew.

He absolutely would not let Qin Rong leave his side again.

Without a word, he grabbed the mercenary's hand and pulled him from the crowd, escaping prying eyes. When a few brazen souls tried to follow, they were stopped by Xander's men who had previously been acting drunk.

Yet steel-like eyes stopped anyone who even thought of getting any closer.

That woman, whoever she was, was clearly important to their leader. There was no way they would let some annoying people bother them in their romantic interlude.

***

The romantic interlude was short-lived as Qin Rong only allowed himself to be taken to the terrace outside the ball. The cool autumn air brushed past them, bringing the earthy scent of the gardens below.

"Now that we're alone," Qin Rong started, after sensing no one nearby. He sat back on the stone railings casually. "Mind telling me what you brought me out here for?"

Again, heated eyes fell onto Qin Rong's exposed legs. Those smooth legs shifted under his gaze, the soft sound they made echoing through his body and heating his blood.

"You were drawing attention." He growled, tempted to grab hold of those legs to taste and bite into them. Anything to make this man stop tempting him.

All of this, of course, went unnoticed as Qin Rong looked away with embarrassment. "That... can't be helped. I have a job to get done and we needed a way in."

"We?" Xander's eyes narrowed, his arousal temporarily dampened by the thought of someone else being involved.

"Ah, me and my partner." He replied, thinking nothing of the change in tone. "He's casing the place to find when the guards start to relax."

"Why do you need to know that?"

"I have something I need to steal." He replied without thought.

Silence fell between the two as Xander blinked dumbly at his companion. How could he not when the man had so bluntly admitted his intention to commit a crime?!

Yet Qin Rong didn't look the slightest bit concerned.

"Are...you feel fine with telling me all this?" He couldn't help but ask, feeling shocked at how brazen this man was being. Wasn't he concerned that Xander might turn him in?

At this, Qin Rong frowned, his fluffy blue hair brushing his bare shoulder as he cocked his head in confusion. "Why wouldn't I tell you?"

In his mind, Xiao Xan was his friend and understood him very well. He didn't think of hiding things from him cause it wouldn't be right. Despite how much time had passed, he trusted his first friend he'd made in this world.

Xander felt his heart clench in surprise before a warm feeling filled his chest. Even after all this time and the secrets between them, his beloved still trusted him.

Ah, Qin Rong, you are making it so hard not to take you right here and now~

Unaware of the fantasy running through his friend's mind, Qin Rong surveyed the area. As expected of the royal palace, there was a lot of magic flowing around the place. Trying to scale the walls, as he'd originally planned to do, would not have worked.