new start (emily's POV)

Zacznij od początku

Walker chuckles, "It's our pleasure, we have taken one of Quantico BAU's members. You deserve it."

"I'm sorry, I just need to ask. Why me, a regular agent?" I ask.

"Agent Prentiss, you have done amazing work with crime. I know the BAU at Quantico wasn't your first job," he says but hesitates. "Your mom also recommended you. And so we looked into you."

My mom. Elizabeth Prentiss, an U.S ambassador. Before I did things on my own, like traveling the world, my mother and I got into a big argument. She wanted me to be a lawyer. But I was dedicated towards crime. I never wanted to see her ever again but she did this. All I wanted to do is say thank you and hug her. She's my mother after all.

"Well, um, thank you?" I chuckle. "You made a good decision despite my mother's actions, I am a hard worker and very dedicated toward my job.

Walker sighs and laughs too. He signals Elle to come in and she sits back into the seat. He looks at the time. "Well, the sun's about to be up. I think you should unpack your things."

"About that, where is all of my things? Strauss said that you'll be handling it so people came to my house and picked it up," I questioned.

Walker and Greenaway make eye contact. "Ah I see. Since you will be a great asset to our team and we're hoping you'll be here for a while, we set a place for you. The courtesy of Interpol. And it is temporary."

My jaw drops. "Are you serious? You didn't have to do that."

"It'll give you time to find your own desired place here in London. Elle will bring you there now, and please settle in. You still have a couple weeks before you start work. Explore London," Walker says as he stands up, sticking his hand out.

I stand up too along with Elle. "Yes Sir, I will do just that. Thank you so much." I say.

Elle and I walk out and we hop in the car we used earlier.

Elle starts talking, "So tell me a little bit about yourself. How's everyone at the BAU? How's my dad?"

"Well, I don't really like talking about myself so I'll talk about the BAU. I've been with them for a couple years now. And I'm assuming your dad is Rossi?" I guess.

"No, it's Gideon, it was an inside joke that Reid somewhat knows. Looks like he's not there anymore. Who's this Rossi?" Elle's voice raises.

"I've heard that he and Gideon started the BAU. But so far, everyone's been good from what I know." I say, looking outside. I miss my family so much.

Elle notices and continues talking, "How's Hotch? I heard he's Unit Chief or something like that? How's his family?"

Hotch. The love of my life. Tears start to develop. "Hotch...um...He's doing well. He's divorced and his ex wife died due to an unsub." Elle's eyes widen, trying not to freak out. "I don't know how much you remember about Jack though. He's grown up."

"Holy shit, I didn't even know. I hope he's doing good. Has he dated anyone else?" Elle keeps asking.

"Well, me but not anymore."

"Um...not that I know of. He keeps stuff to himself. He barely even smiles," I replied.

"He does smile Emily. With you. When he's with you. When he was with you..."

I snap out of my thoughts. "Based on the address, here we are. Your new casa."

We get out of the car and we walk up the stairs. It's a house but a very small house. Almost like a penthouse. Elle passes me the key and I open it up.