𝚃.𝚁𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚕𝚎 𝚡 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 ~ 𝕣𝕖𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕥

Start from the beginning

I walked around the castle until I reached the 7th floor and decided to go up and find the divination room. I heard two voices coming from an clearly unused room, as the front was covered from floor to ceiling in dust and...mould?

"Hey, Um so y'know how the Yule Ball's coming up soon right?" A familiar voice said, Abraxas. "Yeah, it's all everyone's talking about, why?" Another one said,
y/n. I peered my head through the door to see them sitting on top on a bench with an assortment on treats between them.
Y/n looked at Abraxas curiously as he started stuttering and blush profusely. "Well, I don't know about you, but I haven't gotten a date yet...and I was thinking, if you wanted to, we could go together?" His face and ears growing a darker red.

I felt a spree of resentment towards Abraxas come over me.

I have many reasons to resent Malfoy, the others too, but for asking a girl (who means nothing to me) to a ball? I'd have never thought.

Before I could stop myself, my feet were taking me closer to the two and next to
y/n.

"Unfortunately for you Abraxas, y/n has already got a date, who just so happens to be me." My mouth blurted out before I could even register the words in my head. I mentally scolded myself for saying something so stupid. Too late to deny now.

"Oh. Sorry y/n, Tom. I didn't realise." Abraxas mumbled, quickly pacing out of the room and closing the door. I sighed, walking away from y/n resting against the wall in the corner.

"Um-since when are you my date?" Y/n sassed, crossing her arms. "Since now." I spat, attempting to end the conversation and for her to give in. "Right. But I clearly remember you saying that you see me at the orphanage so much already, that you don't want to see me at all while at Hogwarts."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Flashback...

"Hey Tom. How are you today?" Y/n smiled at me, leaning down slightly to grab the falling ink pot. "Fine l/n. Now can you leave?" I say shortly. "Well, I just thought that since were in the same class for transfiguration, we could help each other out?" She said, completely ignoring my rudeness.

I groaned, try desperately to ignore her humming, (Which if I'm honest was quite soothing). "Does that mean more time together?" I ask. "Probably yes if we are to help each other." "Then no." "But-" "y/n, I see you at the orphanage so much already, so please, pray tell, why would I want to see you at all while at Hogwarts?" I scoffed. The girl sighed and left without another word.

Deep down I felt quite guilty about being so rude to her. She had good intentions, I just didn't want to except that.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Flashback over...

"Ah-um yes, I remember that." I scratched my head. We stood in silence for a few seconds, until I came up with an excuse of needing to see Slughorn about homework.

Tonight.

Tonight I'm going to try and make a Horcrux.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
3rd person POV:

Tom left y/n standing alone in the classroom by herself. The girl decided to go up to the astronomy tower for some peace and quiet.

She walked up the stairs to the balcony and stood at the edge of the railing, looking over Hogwarts. Y/n sighed slowly as the clouds started to darken over the grounds.

"L/n?" A voice asked from behind her. There was Rudolphus Lestrange, grinning back at her. "Hello Lestrange." Y/n said politely. Lestrange had been bullying y/n for a while now once he found out about her heritage. "What do you think you're doing mudblood?" He snarled at y/n, who was trying to walk away. "Petrificus Totalus!" The boy yelled. Y/n unfortunately wasn't fast enough with her wand and got hit by it.