The Showdown

Cassie P.O.V

Tonight was it. We arrived to a construction site where the police & Interpol had Owen surrounded. We were directed to a parking garage overlooking the site. The local authorities weren't happy with having Hobbs around their scene.

Hobbs, Dom, Brian, Giselle & I watched from the ledge. Giselle & Brian used the binoculars to get a closer look at the area. Tej monitored the police chatter as everyone else waited.

"Interpol picked up one of Shaw's guys in Moscow. I went in had a little therapy session with him. He gave up Shaw's hideout." Hobbs debriefed

"Then why aren't we down there now?" Giselle asked

"Well, we weren't invited." He explained

"Hobbs, they're sending in your punching bag. He's weird. He's gonna give a positive ID on Shaw before they move in." Tej announced

We watched him enter the yard & waited for him to come out. But, it was silent for less than a minute. Everyone began to rush in. But, this whole operation seemed off to me.

"Wait, wait, hold up. Police scanners are saying alarms are going off at Interpol headquarters." Tej updated us

"Shit. He brought us here so he can take down Interpol. This whole thing's a setup." Brian angrily realised

"Brian, Cassie, take the team." Dom ordered

"What about you?" I questioned

"Hobbs & I wait for Shaw. Shaw leads to Letty." He replied

I brushed off my anger of being sidelined & followed everyone out. We pushed it to HQ. The route got more deserted the closer we got which quickened our ETA. But, this was still not a good sign.

"Han, how far are we from Interpol?" Brian asked

"12 blocks away." He replied

"You guys, it's a ghost town over here. Shaw must have pulled all the cops to him." Tej noted

"Aight y'all, we in this shit so let's go get it." Rome hyped us up

It didn't take much longer to get there. But, we got pinned down across the street by sniper fire. Our hoods were shot to hell. We got out to try & shoot back at the sniper. Brian & I couldn't land anything at this distance.

Shaw's men exited the building & fired at us with submachine guns. We were pushed to our trunks for cover. They jumped into a Land Rover which caused the sniper fire to cease. Brian called for us to chase after them. Unfortunately, Han & Giselle's engine blocks were shot out. It was the 4 of us now. I noticed Giselle step onto the street to shoot their tires. Han ran out to grab her & pulled them behind a fire hydrant as the sniper targeted her.

We kept on their arses as we zipped around London. They were headed for the center which made no sense. I kept my eye on the go kart. It was built like a wrecking ball. I didn't want to get too close to it. Tej & Brian followed the Rover while Rome & I followed the cart.

"Guys, I got the Rover." Tej called out

"I got whatever the hell that thing is." Rome replied

We kept following as we got into deeper traffic. We wee weaving between cars to keep a visual. It was going well until the Rover's windows got bashed out. I started moving behind cars to avoid getting shot at. I was doing well until we hit another deserted street. I kept serpenteing to avoid the "hockey pucks". But, I got nailed.