Prologue

Before anything else, I would like to address my thanks to tardis5253 for helping me edit this ENTIRE book! What a mad lad :D. Please, go check their work out too!

A 7-day school trip was coming up, and the students of P.K. Academy were going to visit Montreal, Canada. Of course, the trip was funded by none other than Saiko.

The students were all placed into groups of 3s for travelling and 4s for rooms. Our unlucky pink-haired boy was placed in a group with Teruhashi and Kaidou. His group for rooms consisted of Y/N and Aiura in the other piece of the room- separated by a wall, while he was paired with Kuboyasu.

There was one thing Saiki was curious about- Who is Y/N? Students knew her enough to know her name, but not enough to recognize her face. It seemed like she was a ghost. This shouldn't have been an issue for the psychic, considering he could read minds, but it seemed this unfamiliar girl's voice was missing from the class. This wasn't worrying, but rather...

He shook the feeling off, reminding himself that he shouldn't meddle around- Especially if he didn't want to stand out. Instead, he swiftly left the classroom, avoiding the nuisances racing towards him and left for home, awaiting the trip only 2 days away.

A day before the trip.

Kusuo entered the classroom with his usual deadpan expression. He was greeted immediately by his "friends." There was just one thing out of place with the classroom- A h/c-haired girl, surrounded by a small group at the left-front of the class, glancing around in a seemingly nervous mannerism. Normally, this wouldn't have caught Saiki's attention as much as now, but something was strange.

He noticed the hair colour, the expressive eyes. In other words, the x-ray wouldn't work on her.

"Another psychic?" -Was his first thought. After all, it wasn't just the mind-reading that wouldn't function on her.

Catching himself staring at her, the strawberry quickly dodged out of the way of the passing classmates who went to greet this new student and took a seat at his spot. He placed a hand on his cheek, his eyes continuing to bore into the female's back.

It wasn't until the teacher had entered to announce this new classmate's identity. But, the way Takumi had announced her was... unnatural.

"What's the ruckus over there?" the adult called out, making it to the crowd. In the middle was the girl, now with Teruhashi.

A student called out: "Ah! Teacher! Who's this new student?"

"New student? We don't have one."

"Then, who's this?" Teruhashi added in, the beautiful girl beaming with her usual bright aura. She had a make-belief wide-eyed look plastered on her face.

The man had to pause for a moment, glancing at the girl who was quite obviously uncomfortable at all the attention. "That's... L/N Y/N, if I remember correctly. She hadn't been attending for a bit due to personal issues, and has been for a week or so now."

"A week? How haven't I noticed such a pretty girl before?"

Y/N gave an embarrassed smile and snuck her way out of the crowd. Teruhashi had noticed this, downed by her actions.

"Why did she leave? Does she dislike me, the perfect girl? Anybody else would usually want to stand beside me as long as they could..."

Classic Teruhashi.

L/N took a seat at a spot that... To put it simply, a seat where a seat shouldn't be. It wasn't exactly visible to other students, so no wonder nobody had spotted her before.

Furthermore, even if it were the Saiki Kusuo, he wouldn't have known it either- For fuck's sake, he couldn't read her mind! This bugged him constantly, for some reason, and class continued on as usual, with some final announcements for the school's vacation.

Y/N was in the travelling group with Kuboyasu and Yumehara, clearly more lucky than Saiki.

Another day quickly flew by. Y/N laid on her bed, face-first in her pillow as she let out a huge sigh. The attention she received after she'd bumped into that blue-haired girl and, eventually, befriended her was uncanny. Maybe that was a bad idea...

Regardless, midnight had struck, and thus began the seven days.