Chapter One

Ava's pov

'Aiden it's perfect. I can already imagine how it would look like when everything is complete''Are you sure you want this place? We have many more options to pick from'

'No Aiden, I love it. This is exactly what I want. I know it's a bit run down but I can make it work''If this is what you want then so be it'

With glee I continued to look at the place I was contemplating on buying. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls and I could see molds and mildew forming in some areas.

The floor was also not in the best condition as some parts of the wooden floors were missing.Nevertheless, I loved the space. It is a fixer upper, but it is certainly something I can't wait to invest in.

There was a small step leading up to another room. As soon as I set my eyes on it, I had ideas of what I would have in the room.

'What used to be here?' I asked the agent who brought us here.

'It used to be a furniture store, but the owner was unable to keep a breast with his expenses, so he unfortunately became a bankrupt and was unable to keep the place' the middle-aged man with the greying hair explained.

'How long has it been since he left?' Aiden asked.'Twenty years ago, no one has been here for twenty years' the man answered back at Aiden's quick-fire question.

'Twenty years and you have not been able to sell this place?'

'Well, I haven't been able to for the past ten. There was another agent before me' the man spoke slightly nervous by Aiden's tone of voice.

I could tell Aiden wanted to ask more questions, I attempted to join the conversation and change it, but Aiden beat me to it.

'So, for the past ten years, you haven't been able to sell this place yourself and the pervious agent gave up by passing it to you'

'Sir, it has been incredible difficult to sell any property. It isn't the same as it used to be' the man spoke looking a bit flushed by Aiden's constant questions.

Wanting to deliver him from any further queries I spoke 'well I'm happy to say today is your lucky day'

'I am going to take it. I love the space. It's a little run down but it's nothing I can't fix and besides I love a little diy' I continued. I watched as the man's face went from sunken to delight.'That's great. I am glad to hear you love the place'

'The location is great too, right in the middle of the city' I voiced out still taking everything in.'Can we head to my office so we can finalize the deal?' The agent who I've completely forgotten his name suggested.

'Yes. That would be wonderful' I replied.

After I responded he began making his way to the front door.

One thing I loved about the property was the glass windows. The windows allowed the customer outside to see what the store had to offer from the inside.

The frame around the window was rusty with little to no paint on it.

That definitely needs a paint job, I thought as I passed the door. My shoes sunk into the four-inch snow. The weather has gotten colder since we were last outside.

I curled my coat around my body to warm myself up.

'I will meet you both in the office' our agent said as he got into his car.
I opened the passenger's seat as soon as I saw Aiden getting in also.As Aiden and I had got into the car. Aiden's phone went off signaling there was a message.I observed as he took his phone from his suit pocket to see what the message could possibly be about.

'It's the lawyer. Miranda is refusing to come back to the state' Aiden informed me looking feed up.'She is refusing to face the consequences of her actions. How typical''Anyway, it's nothing to be too stressed about. Either way she will have to face the court, weather she likes it or not'He turned on the engine and followed our agent's car in front.

'Do you think she can get away with it?' I asked truly curious to know if Aiden thinks it is a possibility for her to escape.

I mean there is always the slight chance that she is powerful enough to do so. She isn't a nobody. Her family has ties in high places unlike Maxwell and Susan.

Speaking of Susan. She has been bombarding my phone with calls and messages asking for my forgiveness and to close the case.

She went as far as to guilt trip me by confessing to being suicidal.

Her confession almost caused me to terminate the case as I was scared that she would go through with it.

Aiden however had other plans. He made the decision to send the paramedics to her home only to find out she had made no attempts whatsoever.

It was all a con to convince me to stop the case before it could proceed any further. As always, she is taken no accountability for her actions and is instead using the easy way out, typical.

As for Maxwell, he has been looming to 'Morgan ltd' premises for the past couple of months non-stop only to be meet with the same outcome.

Aiden has refused to speak to him and has ordered all his staff to not allow him to enter under any circumstances.

If I was the one solely making the decisions I would have cracked under pressure and wouldn't have been able to stand my ground.

Luckily for me Aiden is the more hard-headed one and refuses to fall for any shenanigans either parties involved are doing.

As for Mr. Douglas well he has decided to counter sue according to Aiden's lawyers who are also a part of this case.

They had informed Aiden of Mr. Douglas's decision to counter sue stating Aiden was running his reputation and a right to a good name.

The audacity of that man to be so strong and wrong. He very well knows he is involved yet is so arrogant.

I was pulled out of my infinite thoughts when we had come to a halt. I let myself out of the car while Aiden did the same.

We both took strides into the agent's office. Once we were there, I placed my bag on the floor and took one of the seats in the room.

'So, you have decided you want to buy the place and I could not be any more trilled about your decision. I promise you will grow to love the place' the agent spoke as excitement danced in his eyes.

'I already do' I replied smiling. I turned to my side to see Aiden, but he did not have any expression on his face as expected.

He was taking this seriously and wanted the agent to know that he will not tolerate any fraudulent business practices.

I turned my attention back to the agent and saw he was beginning put some paper working which I'm assuming is what we are going to sign.

'Now Ms.Hilson....'
______________________
To be continued...

Hello everyone, I hope you are well and safe.I have plenty of ideas for this second book. Aiden and Ava a truly going to explore different dynamics relationships. What do you think of Ava's decision to get a place for her new ventures. Let me know. Stay blessed.
Please don't forget to like, comment, vote, share🌹