Eavesdropping

"So I overheard Granger and Weasley talking about something that Dumbledore and some other professors are hiding inside the school. I thought it would be fun if we, you know, played a trick on them?"

Draco Malfoy was leaning on Harry Potter's bedpost in the cold dungeon-like boys dorm of Slytherin House holding a half eaten green apple. Harry was lying on his bed, in his Quidditch gear, covered in mud from Quidditch training, every move making his whole body ache.

Turning his glance away from the ceiling, regretting it and quickly returning to his previous position, Harry said, "What kind of trick?"

"Well, quite obviously, an amazing one as I, being as amazing as I am, thought of it. We should do something clever. Easy but classy."

"So, lead them into believing some crap about it and see what happens?"

"Exactly," Malfoy began pacing around the room. "We need a good plan. We could trick them into looking for it in a broom cupboard and then lock them in?

"Nah. Little miss know-it-all will know a spell to get them straight out. We need something she won't be able to charm her way out of. We could do something to their wands?"

"Good idea, Potter! We could trick them into giving them to us and THEN lock them in a cupboard!"

"Why do you have an obsession with locking them in a cupboard? Whatever," Harry was standing up and pacing along side Draco. "We could get inside their trust zone and then get them to pass us their wands and then-"

"Lock them in a broom cupboard?"

"Yes, Malfoy. We can then lock them in a broom cupboard. But we need someone to infiltrate the enemy lines. Then they can- Why are you looking at me like that?"

Malfoy was looking at Harry with the look that he normally had when he had an idea. He raised his eyebrows, causing his forehead to wrinkle slightly.

"No. No! NO! NO WAY! NEVER! I AM NOT MAKING FRIENDS WITH SOME PUFFY HAIRED KNOW IT ALL AND SOME DUMB GINGER! NO CHANCE!

*****

"I can't believe you talked me into this! You so owe me one!" Harry and Draco were standing just around the corner of where Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley (two Gryffindor first years) were deep in a conversation.

"Isn't the joy of what we've done awarding enough?"

Glaring at Draco Harry said, "It's now or never," and set off round the corner towards the two Gryffindors, while Malfoy hid, peering round to watch what happened next.

"What do you want?" Hermione said, looking at Harry with disgust. Harry mumbled something inaudible. "What? Speak up, Potter." Harry mumbled again, this time a little louder.

"Bloody Hell, Harry! Spit it out or leave us alone," Ron said, with more confidence than he clearly felt.

"Fine. Malfoy has made a massive rumor about me and I hate him for it. He's turned the whole of Slytherin house against me. I have no friends left, so I thought, maybe, you would be my friends? We are in the same class and you guys are kind of awesome... What do you think?" Ron and Hermione turned around to discuss their opinions. When they finally turned round Hermione said;

"We've come to a conclusion. If you swear that you aren't lying to us and you truly do want our friendship then you must do something for us. You must publicly announce that you hate Malfoy and we will also be checking with some Slytherins about what the rumour is and whether it's true or not. If these things are done then you can be our friend."

"Well you can be her friend but frankly I still believe you're a g-" Hermione kicked Ron hard in the shins before he could finish his sentence and then turned to smile sweetly at Harry, clearly forced as she looked like she felt as awkward as Harry did.

"Well, we should be getting back to the common room now so see you later!" Hermione walked off, pulling Ron behind her. They walked straight past Malfoy, who quickly snuck into a nearby group of students, towards the Grand Staircase, leading up to Gryffindor common room. When they had past, Draco quickly slipped towards Harry.

"Well done, mate. Lets go celebrate in the common room!" Draco said, putting his arm round Harry's shoulders, pulling him in so he could whisper straight into his ear. "I stole some every-flavour beans and some chocolate frogs from some Hufflepuff potato. We are in for a feast, my friend!"

Pulling away, Harry said, "We can't! You have to send a rumour about me to the whole of Slytherin House, remember? Granger and Weasley are checking!"

"All in good time my friend. All in good time." And they set off, back to the coldness of the Slytherin common room.

Potter - Malfoyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें