Thirty-seven¶The Kiss 💋

Start from the beginning

"Shut up Jare! Mumu boy! Good night!" I laughed and cut the call. I couldn't stop myself from smiling. My birthday actually ended in a nice note.

No guy has ever told me he liked me and today, Freddy did. He sincerely cares about me and my happiness matters to him. Oh my, I feel lucky.

~~~*•*~~~

I and Freddy were in that reading classroom assigned to us. We read our books for a while and chatted.

I gazed at Freddy's full lips and gulped. I think I should tell Freddy how I feel about him. I want our fake relationship to become real and genuine.

"Freddy," my voice came out softly like a whisper.

"Yeah," he beamed. He was sitting on the chair beside me.

"I...I...um" I trailed off and rose to my feet. I strode to the window and stared outside at the road and buildings.

"What's wrong?" he asked and pushed his chair backwards. He rose and walked up to me.

"It's nothing serious!" I chuckled.

I'm just finding it difficult to say 'I like you, Freddy' It's not that hard but yet I feel scared and nervous.

Butterflies swirled in my belly and my pulse pounded.

I turned to him and looked into his eyes.

Just say it, Naomi

"I like you too, Freddy!"

His eyes lit up and his lip curved into a smile.

"Sorry, I didn't hear what you said. Can you repeat yourself!" Freddy said amidst chuckles.

I rolled my eyes, placed my trembling hands on my hips and pursed my lip. "I'm sure you heard me!"

"I didn't!" his large smile betrayed him.

"I said that I like you!"

He placed his hand on his chest and sighed with a smile. "I've been waiting to hear that. You are the best thing that ever happened to me!"

My face flushed and I giggled. Freddy leaned closer to me. He used the back of his hand to caress my cheek.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked.

"Errr...." my eyes widened.

"You know that you're my girlfriend!" he teased and poked me at my belly.

I blushed and nodded. Soon, I felt his soft lips on mine but everything suddenly ceased.

"Naomi!" I heard Anita scream. "What are you doing?"

I refuse to let my sister destroy this moment.

"Naomi! Naomi!"

I felt a hard slap on my butt amd my eyes snapped open. I found myself in my room.

"Wake up jare!" Anita hissed.

I looked around me. I was in my room. Sunlight permeated through my curtain into the tiled floor of my room. My books littered my reading table and some clothes were on the chair.

I snapped my head back at Anita. "Was I dreaming?" I yelled.

"No ooo! See jamb question! Ode! Since morning you have been sleeping! Today is Saturday. Come and do your chores!" Anita barked in a sour tone.

"Oo oh! No! I refuse to accept this! So that kiss was a dream?"

"What kiss?" Anita smirked.

"The kiss with Freddy!"

"Whoa!" Anita waggled her brows. "So you also dream of him, huh?"

I whined and exclaimed, "That kiss was perfect. Why did it end?"

"Ah! Wake up oo! This is real life. If you want to kiss Freddy, make sure it is not in your dreams oo!" she laughed and shook her head.

"Do you know Freddy told me he likes me yesterday?"

She arched a brow, "He did? It's about time! I know he likes you"

"How did you know?"

"Unlike you, I am smart amd sharp" she sniggered and walked to the door. "I'm happy for you! Did you tell him you like him too?"

"Well...."

Anita's eyes widened, "Why are you so stupid?"

"Leave me alone Jor!"

"Okay oo!" she said and left.

As crazy as it sounds, the only person I spent my time thinking of was Freddy. Every seconds was spent on Freddy. He preoccupied my precious mind.

I sat on my bed, flipping through pictures I took with Freddy on our first date. My phone rang and when Freddy's name shone. My heart leapt and ran a marathon.

Freddy, what have you done to me?

"Hello," I voiced, when I picked the call.

"Good afternoon, cupcake!"

"Good afternoon," I smiled.

I heard him sigh and he breathed, "Something is bothering me! I need to tell you something urgently. I need to get this off my conscious. Can I talk to you?"

"Tell me!"

"I want to tell you face to face and not through a call"

"Oh!"

"I'm at your street right now!"

"What?"

"Yep! At a green shop close to your house!"

"Wait, what? Get out of there! Do you want to kill me. That shop belongs to an international street amebo!"

He chuckled and said, "Where should we meet then?"

"Is it so urgent?"

"Yes! Please!" his voice was low with a note of sadness.

"Okay! You will see me soon! Just leave that green shop! That woman will put me in trouble!"

What is bothering, Freddy? I need to see him now! Now now!

~~~Author's Note~~~

Who enjoyed this chapter?

What did you think of the kiss?

Who felt like slapping me when you found out it was dream?

What do you think is so urgent to Freddy?

How have you been? How is your life? I really misedd you all!

Thanks for reading. Pls don't forget to VOTE!

Love y'all.

Stay adorable,
Your 9ja Babe