Meet the Gallaghers

So my name is Alexis and I'm 19 and here's the list of my sibs: 

Dylan is the oldest, she's almost 28 and she lives in San Francisco with her fiancee. she's and arquitect and she's like my second mom.

Brooklyn (or Brook) is the next and she's 26, she's a lawyer just like my dad and she lives here in San Diego but in an apartment on her own.

Zachary (or Zac) is the third, she's 25 and she lives with her husband in Santa Barbara, she has a degree on buisness administration.

Hunter is my dad's son and he's 24, he is a chef he lives in L.A. with my other brother.

Last but not least is Nathan (Or Nate) is my mom's son and he's 22 and he goes to UCLA. He's almost an economist.

So back to me, I'm in the University of San Diego in the Social Sciences Division studing Education. I still live with my parents but Brook offer me a room at her place to become "independent" from my parents. I'm still trying to figure it out what I'm going to do with my live, I mean I have to be has successful has my family. My parents have a beautiful house which they paid with all their hard work and they raised 6 kids!

My dad is just amazing, he had a lot of problems in the past and still has everything he always wanted. He was an alcoholic and with my grandmas help he get over it, then he became a widow with 4 kids. My brother Hunter was 3 when his mom died and my dad had to take care of them. Now, he's a great lawyer and he's a partner on the Baker & Gallagher firm. 

My mom was a paralegal in my dad's old job and well they fell in love and when I was born, my mom quit her job to be with my sibs and I. She open a few beauty spas over the years and well that's it, but what I most admired about her is that she accepted 4 kids just for love. 

My family has a good economy but we have a lot of problems, my sibs and I fight constantly and my parents also have problems with us, between them and with their jobs. Some people call us "The Cuckoo's nest" or even "The Addams Family". It's not easy to be a family of 8 people especially if 5 of us are women. But let me get into the history, to the very beginning... the first fight of my sisters.
I've seen them fighting a lot but never like that, I was 8 maybe 9 and Dylan was on her senior year, I remember that because it was prom night and they were fighting about how Brook ruined her dress.
It was a really cute dress (even though it as 2004) a red strapless dress with a big chocolate stain. They were fighting for over an hour and a half and I mean they were kicking and screaming. It was really awful and traumatic because I never thought I'll see my sisters like that. And suddenly the fights were on and on till every one move out of the house, and to be honest I was so relief when they started to move out but after a few weeks I started missing my sibs. It's not that easy to get used to be alone when you grow up with 5 other people, I missed our fights even though it were awful. I know it sounds weird but I miss their punches and even more, hitting them. 

But I have to admit since they move out, our lives are easier and kind of happier. Don't get me wrong I miss them but I think we started getting alone when they move out...

So let me explain, For the next chapters, I'll be describing my family history, one by one staring with my parents. I hope you you get related (in some way) with me and my family, cause all families has their ups and downs but at the end of the day, we have the save last name... Gallagher.