Chapter One

(I love lucas king, the titles might be dark, but I love the way it sounds XD Dress is yours above, you can change it if ya want)

 I flattened out my dress, e/c eyes hazy from sleep. My mother had demanded I help prepare for tomorrow, meaning, I needed to work on etiquette today....again.

My mother let out a sigh, "I am going to help your father deal with parliament, don't forget what I taught you." She said, storming out of the room.

I let out a sigh of relief, standing up. I walked out into the garden, book in hand.

Autumn was upon us, as yellow, orange, and purple leaves fell to the ground. I thought this time of year was truly beautiful.

"Princess!" a servant cried, running up to meet me with a curtsy, "Your mother requested you find a suitable dress for tomorrow."

I nodded, turning back to head inside.

I walked down the hallways towards my room, crystal chandeliers dangling from the ceiling. My small heels clicked against the marble floors.

I opened the door to my room, gently tossing my book onto the bed. I entered the closet, scanning through the dresses I had.

I picked out a white, floor-length gown with lacy sleeves. I gave a hum of satisfaction as my eyes scanned over it again once more.

"Dearest," My father's low voice mumbled from behind the door.

"You can come in, i-if you want," I told him, holding the dress against my chest.

The door creaked open, my father's footsteps louder than before.

"Is that the dress you picked?" He asked softly. I nodded. "Marvelous choice, it will complement your eyes." He smiled softly.

I returned the smile, feeling far better about my choice.

"Thank you, dad."

He grinned back at me.

~~~

I walked with him through the hallways of our castle. It wasn't as big as England's, nor was the size of our country. But I still enjoyed living here.

"Your betrothed will be attending." He said, his voice gentle. My father was built well, very intimidating, but he had a gentle voice and an old soul.

"Father..." I trailed off, e/c eyes on the ground, he hummed in response, his e/c eyes looking down at me. "What if...the king doesn't like me?"

"Who's been putting such silly thoughts in your head? I can't guarantee that he'll love you, but I can tell you he'll respect you."

I nodded, "Will you be with me at the party?"

He shook his head, "You know what I've said, Y/n. I won't be by your side this time."

I swallowed down the anxiety in my throat. "O-Ok."

My dad gave me a comforting smile and a pat on the head. He turned down the hallway, disappearing from my sight.

"Y/n!" My mother scowled, coming around the corner. She grabbed my wrists tightly and dragged me back towards my room.

"I thought I told you to pick out a dress!" She growled.

"I-I did!" I squeaked as she pulled me into the room.

"Show me!" She snapped.

I pulled the white one from the closet, laying it flat on my bed.

"This will never go with your skin color! Find a new one it's as hideous as-"

The door opened slowly, and my father entered.

"Ah, M/n! I see Y/n is showing you her dress," He came closer, wrapping an arm around her shoulders, "Wonderful, is it not? It truly brings out her eyes!" He smiled, white, pearly teeth shining under thin lips.

My mother's face lightened as she lied, a small smile gracing her lips, "Yes, it is darling."

"Well, actually, the servants asked me what flowers we wanted in the ballroom, lilies and...something else? Oh! Forget me nots! Of course, I don't know how to pick out flowers that match the colors, and require some help." My father chuckled at himself.

My mother nodded, following him out the room.

Letting out a sigh, I ran my hand down the skirt of the dress. "Maybe the ball won't be horrible, at least I'll be able to sneak some food without mother noticing." You giggled, then turned toward the door.