"Well, now you know." Kevin said nonchalantly as he pressed the elevator button.

"Why were you..." I started with a frown, but my words became stuck in my throat as he turned to look at me to give me his full attention. I could never get over how handsome he looked. It almost felt too good to be true that he was taking an interest in me.

As my eyes scanned his face before involuntarily glancing at his lips, my mind began to reminisce about them against my own...how soft they felt...how sweet... I felt my cheeks begin to burn as I quickly looked away from him, deciding to focus on the tiled floor we were standing on. How on earth could he have such an affect on me? His face just seemed to be carved to perfection. God knows what I would do if I happened to see his body.

"I mean..." I shook my head and closed my eyes tightly as I felt goose bumps begin to form on my arms. God, I hope I don't start stuttering. The elevator bell rang suddenly and I jumped in surprise as the bulky doors slid clumsily open. Why was I fumbling over my words? He didn't say anything as he ushered me inside, but I could feel him burning a hole in the side of my head without even looking at him. "I mean...uh...how did you know when I'd come out of school?"

"Amy told me the other day when I happened to see her shopping with her parents." Kevin answered, gazing at me thoughtfully.

"Oh." I nodded and an awkward silence fell between us. So, that was why she rushed out of the classroom earlier. A light blush filled my cheeks again.

As we walked out of the building into the dimly lit street, a brisk wind blew through me and I pulled my jeans jacket tighter around my body as I shivered.

"Come on. The car is this way." Kevin said softly in my ear as he put his arm around my shoulders and steered me down the street in the direction of his car.

Fishing in his pocket, he pulled out a ring with some keys and a car alarm and pressed the unlock button. He really did have a car. Not an up to date car, but a car nonetheless. The lights of a dark blue Lexus IS 2010 lit up in response. Yes, I am a girl who has a fondness for cars.

"Climb aboard my ship, my lady." Kevin smirked as he opened the passenger door for me and walked around to the driver's side.

"Aye aye, captain." I rolled my eyes and climbed in. "Thanks."

"For what?" he asked as he sat next to me in the driver's seat and started up the car once we had closed our doors, revving the engine softly. He raised an eye brow at me.

"For opening the door for me and taking me home. Not too many guys do that for me anymore." I replied softly, looking down at my lap to avoid his gaze. ''Actually, I don't know any guys to do that for me ever,'' is what I wanted to say, but I kept that to myself.

"You don't have to thank me." I looked up at him to see he had a very serious expression on his face and his dark eyes held a far away look as if his mind was else where. "It's not a big deal."

"Yeah..." I nodded, my voice drifting off as I looked away from him again.

As he drove us off into the night, I kept my attention on the passing scenery of darkness mixed with lights and stores beginning to close down for the night. I felt awkward sitting in his car with him in complete silence, but I could think of nothing else to say. The only noise was the slight buzz coming from the car's heater keeping us warm.

Finally, we pulled up to my mother's apartment building after I had informed him where to go. I let out a sigh, torn between my feelings. A part of me wanted to stay with him, but another part of me wanted to run upstairs away from him and the awkward silence sitting heavily around us.

"So did you mean it?" I blurted out before I could help myself.

"Huh?" He gave me a confused look. "Mean what?"

My cheeks turned crimson red as I looked down in my lap and fiddled with my fingers nervously. "Um...when you said I was your...girlfriend..."

"Oh," he chuckled and pinched my cheek affectionately. "Only if you want to be."

A smile that stretched from ear to ear spread across my face as I quickly said, "Of course."

"I'll see you later, cutie," he smiled back and my heart fell slightly. He wasn't going to kiss me good night?

"Um...okay." I nodded hesitantly and climbed out of the car. Closing the car door softly, I looked back at him and he waved as I started up the front steps. Feeling disappointed, I let out a heavy sigh and pulled out my keys and open the front door. As he drove off, I watched his car in silence until the lights of his car had disappeared, blending into the lights of the street lights.

*************************

So what did you guys think of this chapter? I thought I would just make it simple with a little more feeling from Tonya and some more closeness from Kevin. I didn't particularly like the ending, but it adds to some important events coming up in the story. How many of you can compare what Tonya is feeling to something that may be similar to this in your lives? Leave your thoughts and opinions in the comments below please and if you like this story, please be nice and vote.

~ Liz ~