Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"You having a good time, babe?" Kevin asked me, pulling me closer to him as we sat in the living room of his friend's apartment on a love seat sofa. A football game was playing on the television, but I wasn't really paying any attention to it. All evening my focus had been on Kevin. We had spent the past few hours talking about our lives, likes and dislikes, and finding things in common with each other. It turned out that not only was he really good looking, but he was also funny, sweet and very charming.

A girly giggle escaped my lips as my cheeks blushed a dark shade of red and I averted my gaze from his intense dark eyes. I don't think I could ever get used to him calling me such affectionate nick names and even though I liked it, it still felt weird to hear him actually say it. Still, it was nice.

His hand brushed the side of my cheek before gently grabbing hold of my chin to turn my face back towards him, so he could pierce my soul with those dreamy eyes of his. In the back of my mind I knew that I couldn't be the only girl Kevin could care for, but at this moment in time I couldn't care less as I felt myself getting lost in those mysterious dark eyes of his. Just how far was this going to go?

"Yeah, I'm good." I smiled happily at him, my face feeling hot from the proximity of him. I was literally fighting with myself to keep my eyes away from his lips, but I was failing miserably. I mean, the guy is hot!

His skin was a smooth light caramel color that you only see on models and he had thick, wavy chestnut brown hair slicked down neatly that gave him a sort of sexy Italian look. His mesmerizing dark brown eyes were almond shaped and twinkled with mischievousness and set in nicely with his full lips, small button nose and round face. Yes, he was definitely a sight for sore eyes.

"You see, Ty?" Kevin grinned causing my heart to skip a beat as he turned to look at his friend, pulling me into his lap at the same time and I let out another series of giggles, feeling all too happy with the amount of attention he was giving me. "You need to get a good girl like Tonya. Those strays you keep messing with are a waste of time."

"How about I just take Tonya instead of a good girl like her?" His friend, Tyrone replied smartly, sparking a cigarette.

"Negative." Kevin chuckled lightly, hugging me tighter to him.

"Kevin, it's getting late." I frowned, glancing out of the living room window and noticing how dark it was getting outside. My mother would begin to worry.

"Yeah, I don't want to keep you out past your curfew," he remarked sarcastically as I stood up and stretched my limbs.

"Shut up." I slapped his arm playfully and he faked a hurt look to make me laugh.

"Come on," he smiled gently before picking up my bag and guiding me to the door. "I'll take you home."

I snorted. "You mean, you'll ride with me on the bus home."

"No, I mean I'll drive you home." Kevin smirked before pressing his lips against mine and I nearly melted in his arms as he pulled them around me and grabbed on my butt causing me to gasp in surprise at his forwardness. The sound of Tyrone clearing his throat caused me to blush and almost whimper as Kevin pulled away from me with that familiar smirk on his face. He chuckled and grabbed my hand. "Come on, cutie. Tyrone, I'll check you later before I head out."

"Alright, man." Tyrone nodded, not paying much attention to us as we walked out being that his eyes seemed to be glued to the TV screen. "Oh, and Tonya it was nice meeting you, but bring a friend next time you come over with this loser."

"Sure, no problem." I laughed as Kevin closed the door behind us. As soon as the door was closed and we were alone in the quiet, narrow hallway once more, I muttered, "I didn't know you had a car."